My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
Looks like a consignment shop or maybe a guy who wheels and deals. Either way I don't think you'll be getting an accurate history of the machine and no explaination as to how well it was maintained. What I'm seeing is a late 70's 446 in average cosmetic condition, currently being used at a shelf, with a helluva lot of soot where the muffler exits. That could mean the previous owner never washed it and what you're seeing is the leftover of what happens at startup with full choke... or it could mean that the engine is already one foot in the grave. Whomever goes to look at it won't know unless they take it for a test drive... But I'd definitely scrutinize the engine heavily.

The sellers pricing estimate is "optomistic" to put it lightly. Granted, I don't live in the midwest, and I see occasionally what Case brings in that region... which is more than Pennsylvania. In my neck of the woods, I'd say $1200 is the high end of acceptable as long as the engine was sound, the hydrive/lift had no issues, and the mower deck and snowcaster were complete and didn't have bearing/blade/other mechanical or heavy rust problems.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all good points, to be taken to heart.

I was thinking more of the location, they are really uncommon this side of the ohio river, maybe someone in the region could give it the once over, plus I see some lee way in the pricing. It's eating up floorplan for the seller.

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
I didn't know that. I figured they grew like corn all over the midwest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts