My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just discovered this...

Anyone have any experience with it? Basically you email or call the guy if you want to buy and he provides details. Its more expensive, however seems more capable.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I'm in process of buying one right now, here is video of x330, lifts higher than johnny bucket, enough to load small cart- think the one for x300 series does 250/300 lbs does 300/400lbs for 500 series. Much slower than hydraulic FEL- but for occasional use, way better than Johnny bucket

Reactions: whitecrystal1

·
5,866 Posts
Boy that 300 sounds nice when you start it up! ?
A guy in Pennsylvania built one with electric actuators from an exercise machine....here is the link to his posts John Deere 110 Front End Loader
He was talking about changing it to a 24 volt system to make it operate faster....that is a nice set up...the slowness is the only draw back that I see...but it is better than nothing

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Just discovered this...

It makes me want to cancel my JB JR order.

Anyone have any experience with it? Basically you email or call the guy if you want to buy and he provides details. Its more expensive, however seems more capable.
I am shocked, amazed, impressed and disappointed. I have a JBJr on my x530, I've had it for several years. It's done everything I've thrown at it. BUT....I've been looking for YEARS for this loader for the X series stuff. Never found it. Never figured out how to do it. I am curious how they used 2 lift actuators. An "expert" told me the double actuator setup had to be electronically synched in order to eliminate binding. I'm disappointed that it wasn't available earlier.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Not sure about binding because its 2 different frame sides and on pivots...don't think it would matter if there was 'flex' between the sides... Its not like they're right next to each other doing the same thing.

So far it seems like a great little loader. Owner/creator was really responsive and detailed when I emailed him today. Wouldn't be surprised if he has an account here.

There is a 'faster' bucket actuator that can be added, however other attachments like tooth bar and etc are still being developed.

Unlike johnny bucket jr, you keep original bumper and attach bucket frame side brackets to lower part of frame...same place that thatcher, plow, snow blower, and other accessories connect to, meaning you'd have to take the arms off to get snow blower on, but that doesn't seem too hard. 2 toggle switches to control it just like johnny bucket.

The rating of how much you get lift and move seems to be limited by size and weight of the tractor...basically up to 250 LB with no extra weights and 400 LB with lots of weights. Considering a 300 series is like 450 LB and 500 series 650 LB without operator, that's not bad... basically lifting less than about 1/2 the weight of the tractor is max or I think 300-350 LB "lifted' almost 4 foot on a x500 is a realistic number...that's pretty decent as 1025R does about 700 LB at same height.

·
22,023 Posts
Some points for perspective.

- Loaders are a ground engaging implement.

- Lawn tractors, such as the JD X330, do not have transmissions rated for ground engagement.

- A JD X330 weighs 463 lb (with the mower), approximately half (232 lb) of which is carried by the rear tires.

- The wheelbase of an X330 is 49.5". The payload center of mass in the bucket would appear to be close to 70" in front of the front axle. That's about a 1.4:1 leverage ratio so that a 250 lb payload in the 50 lb bucket will remove approximately 420 lb of weight from the rear tires in order to balance the bucket and payload..

(For reference, the wheelbase of my MF1655 is 52" and the payload center of mass with its full size loader is approximately 43" ahead of the front axle for a leverage ratio of 0.83:1. A 300 lb payload in the 210 lb bucket will reduce the load on the rear tires by approximately the same 420 lb.)

The only reason that that loader is successful on that X330 is because of the size of the operator, and even that wasn't enough to prevent rear wheel spin ON CONCRETE with the K46 hydro. Try the same operation on grass, or with a less robust operator, and you can expect much less impressive results.

By comparison, the X530 weighs 850 lb (without the mower), has a slightly longer wheelbase, and a K72 hydro rated for ground engagement.

Rear end ballast is a requirement for any loader application on any tractor.

3,088 Posts
I like this loader better. Notice the loader is closer to the front of the tractor where as the Little Buck loader is further away and when loaded looks unstable.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Does anyone know what this costs? I can't find much information on it. This is different from the little buck loader, correct?

·
Administrator
5,589 Posts
That bucket does seem way out there, I guess to achieve the height they are speaking of. I also think the arms should be a bit beefier, maybe 3x1 1/2 tubing.
I am building a bucket for my tractors right now, it uses a cable winch and is a trip bucket. I imagine it won't lift as high, but I only have about $250 invested so far. Some bugs to work out yet

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
This is an electric loader- and yes of course it has to be ballasted. It is for occasional use, for homeowner that doesnt have the need, space or feel like spending money for a 1 series or 700 series tractor. For moving top soil, mulch etc its fine. Also will do light digging. In my case I intend to slightly dig my mulch beds so mulch doesnt wash away in heavy rains. I'll be able to dig beds and take the dirt and dump in into my 10P cart-- completely bypassing the need to get off tractor and use a shovel ( saving my bad back) I'll then use it to spread 10 yards of mulch. I'll use it every spring and maybe for occasional project. Basically does everything a Johnny bucket does- only is more versatile. As long as actuators are quality ( and I'm told they are) should be a bargain. Does cost several hundred more than Johnny Bucket

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I am shocked, amazed, impressed and disappointed. I have a JBJr on my x530, I've had it for several years. It's done everything I've thrown at it. BUT....I've been looking for YEARS for this loader for the X series stuff. Never found it. Never figured out how to do it. I am curious how they used 2 lift actuators. An "expert" told me the double actuator setup had to be electronically synched in order to eliminate binding. I'm disappointed that it wasn't available earlier.
They are industrial ball screw design actuators. If one unit were to fail for any reason, the other has clutches that will kick in and not be able to effectively overcome the load to go up or down until fixed. The same problem could happen if you forgot to plug one in.If an actuator was installed a few rotations out of sync, which would only happen if someone turned the shaft manually while not in the unit, it would be off a few revolutions and it will noticeable when you go up and down because the clutches will not “sound” at the same Sync time. Worst case scenario is you lower the actuator to it’s lowest position and put it right back in. Ultimately, binding is not a problem because protection is built in with the clutch assembly when over loaded.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
The beautiful loader on the L 130 is way too much for that little tractor. An X 500 would be fine but the little axles and the weak transmission will lead to rapid failure. I have thought of a hydraulic system for the 500 and the belt drive pump is one of the obvious solutions. I did not see a reservoir, however. The hiding of the valves was a neat idea but makes any work in that area a nightmare. It also appears that the lift arms are solid plate steel and the weight must be enormous. I can only imagine the stress on the front axle when the bucket is loaded. It is a beautiful design though. I wonder why he didn't use a better platform?

·
Super Moderator
31,077 Posts
So, I took a look at another forum and they have members that own the Little Buck Loader (different company than the electric model shown here) and so far they don't have anything negative to say about the LBL. Yes, it isn't built as heavy as a CTC or Buford, so it must be used within it's limits, but it seems to be holding it's own and getting a good reputation on the other forums.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
They are industrial ball screw design actuators. If one unit were to fail for any reason, the other has clutches that will kick in and not be able to effectively overcome the load to go up or down until fixed. The same problem could happen if you forgot to plug one in.If an actuator was installed a few rotations out of sync, which would only happen if someone turned the shaft manually while not in the unit, it would be off a few revolutions and it will noticeable when you go up and down because the clutches will not “sound” at the same Sync time. Worst case scenario is you lower the actuator to it’s lowest position and put it right back in. Ultimately, binding is not a problem because protection is built in with the clutch assembly when over loaded.
Good info...I appreciate it..thanks

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Can anyone share a ball park cost of one of these?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Can anyone share a ball park cost of one of these?

$ 2195-- if you go for the 2x speed actuators they are 75 bucks a piece upgrade- so 700/800 bucks or so more than Johnny Bucket- but worlds more capable, after uprights are mounted( you can leave them on full time if you want) its a matter of a few min to install or take off the bucket- just disconnect the actuators and pull a few cotter pins

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
OK thanks for the cost.

·
Super Moderator
16,284 Posts
Hey UT I would recommend Getting some wheel weights beside the rear suitcase weights because I just don't think 4 suitcase weights is going to cut it for Ballast alone'

I really like the small Fabricating companies out there That Produce these Type Of Ideas. That How John Started out 20 or so years ago with the Johnny Bucket.

What I would do if I needed something Like that for a X500 series I would consider these https://ph.parker.com/us/en/compact-electro-hydraulic-actuator when the electric actuators do fail down the line Because then you get the best of both worlds

It Looks Like it will be perfect for the Non external Hydraulic system tractors Like the X300 & X500 series The size Of the Bucket should help Keep you from overloading the front end to much.
Good Luck with Tony

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Already have the Wheel weights( I run 47 inch snowblower in winter) plus the 4 suitcase weights. Add in my 220lbs - that is almost 500lbs of ballast. The actuators have clutch in them that wont allow you to lift over 400 lbs- for my main uses Top soil and Mulch I shouldn't have any issues

·
Super Moderator
16,284 Posts
Actuators do ware Don't know what He using. Some Manufacturers Make Rebuild kits for off the shelf actuators if that's what he is using . Like In Johns(JB) Case they make the actuators to his specs and the don't offer rebuild kits

1 - 20 of 93 Posts