My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in NH. Would be nice to use my MF at my place of business and also my house which is 3 miles up the same road (major highway). The MF seems to have all the lighting it needs for the road. Has anyone registered their MF for the road and if you did, is there special info I have to convey to my town hall in order to be able to do this?

Dave

·
1K Posts and climbing
1,677 Posts
I live in NH. Would be nice to use my MF at my place of business and also my house which is 3 miles up the same road (major highway). The MF seems to have all the lighting it needs for the road. Has anyone registered their MF for the road and if you did, is there special info I have to convey to my town hall in order to be able to do this?

Dave

Not needed here. Just need a SMV sign, or lights, or both.

·
Registered
155 Posts
In NH there are two ways to register: agricultural or construction equipment. Ag plates are for personal use and are a low flat fee. (Driving on roads to get to your other property locations.) Construction equipment plates are when you decided to make a profit with your tractor and they are based upon GVW. (By the way, a TLB will be considered construction equipment by most towns, detachable or not.) For my 3,000 pound rig it only cost me $60 for the construction plates between town and state. You have to go to your town office first, they will tell you the cost. For me it's worth being able to legally operate on the road. I plan on picking up some local driveways to snow blow and make the tractor earn its keep. As a suggestion, bolt the plate to the bottom of your SMV sign. It keeps it in a visible location, and you don't have to drill holes into your shiny new tractor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts