My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to see if anyone had tried the Kolpin dirt works 2" receiver hitch they list for the X500? Thank you

Bruce

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thaks for the info! Says it won't fit ser#30,001 or greater mine is 54xxx. That suxs! wounder what they changed???
If their illustration is right the slot for the free wheeling lever is on the oposite side. Me thinks anyway. Would have been a nice gizmo to have, looks like you would be able to hang a couple of weights on it also.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If their illustration is right the slot for the free wheeling lever is on the oposite side. Me thinks anyway. Would have been a nice gizmo to have, looks like you would be able to hang a couple of weights on it also.
Thats what it looks like to me I wounder why that was changed?

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
The hitch will work, you only have to drill a hole on the opposite side (left in the picture) for the tow valve.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The hitch will work, you only have to drill a hole on the opposite side (left in the picture) for the tow valve.
Thank you, are you talking about that slot thats cut out? That just has to be on the left? The tow valve thats the lever to free wheel rite? Why the heck did they change that???

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
Thank you, are you talking about that slot thats cut out? That just has to be on the left? The tow valve thats the lever to free wheel rite? Why the heck did they change that???
Yes that's right.

I guess they reposition the lever to be out of the way of the forward/reverse rod mechanism.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your help!!!!!!!

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
Well I guess it will be wise to call them first, to make sure they are for the newer (X) select series.

There's a toll free number on Kolpin's web site to verify... :)

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I emailed them asking that very thing. Thank you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts