My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the local hardware store today and there was a buletine board add for a 2009 TYM 28 HP traqctor with front loader and snow blower for $14K. No other info except a phone number. I called it this evening and an old lady, who was tractor illiterate, answered the phone. She said that her husband was too old to drive it and was asleep. She couldn't tell me a model number, size of the loader, size of the blower or even number of cylinders of the engine. Any guesses to what model it is ? It is only 4 miles from my home, so I'm going for a look see tomorrow. I know that they come with a 3 year bumper to bumper warrenty and 5 year drive train warrenty. All comments welcome.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Local dealer sells them. I havent done any research on them, but they do look like nice machines. They, like all the off brand machines, do have a much lower price tag when new. I would look on www.tractorhouse.com and try to figure out what she has, also get a idea on what they are worth. If only 4 miles, worth a drive and see. :fing32:

Course MTF rule #1, if you buy it :wwp:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I looked at them when I was in the market for a CUT, don't look bad, Mitsu. engine. Seem well built, but I've never actually used one so I can't say from first hand experiance. But like NEWT said, its not far away to its worth a look. Just do some research before you head over, my guess is its similar to this one: http://tym-tractors.com/t293hstspec.php

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at them when I was in the market for a CUT, don't look bad, Mitsu. engine. Seem well built, but I've never actually used one so I can't say from first hand experiance. But like NEWT said, its not far away to its worth a look. Just do some research before you head over, my guess is its similar to this one: http://tym-tractors.com/t293hstspec.php
Found this 2009 TYM 293 HST with front loader for $17K http://www.tractorco.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?veh=1224107
It doesn't have a blower, so if the local tractor is a 2009 293 HST it could be a deal at $ 14K

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i checked out the local tractor today. It is indeed a 2009 TYM 293 HST. The blower is a 60" Erskine. The tractor has 365 hours and comes with front wheel chains. I called the nearest TYM dealer and the remainder of the 3 year bumper to bumper, 4th year drive train parts and labor and 5th year drivetrain parts only warrenties are tranferrable for a $250 fee.

EDIT: Having trouble sizing a picture to fit.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Getting tired of replying to myself, but this deal is getting sweeter all the time. The list on that Erskine blower is $7395.
No real reason to be like that. I would say why no one is replying is that TYM is not a popular brand. I dont usually respond to threads if I know nothing about whats being discussed. Even here, I know nothing about TYM, but I have checked them out at the dealer by me.

$7400 for a blower?? This a front mount? From what you have said so far, I would say its probley a good deal.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
:sorry1: Sorry if I came across as irritated at forum members. I didn't mean it to imply that. If anything, I meant to be critical of myself for continually posting to my own thread.
Thanks for the replies.

EDIT: Was at a Deer dealer today and they had a 26 Hp Bobcat tractor that I'm pretty sure was manufactured by TYM. All the salesman would say was that the Bobcat tractor was manufactured in Korea. (where TYM is located) The New Holland dealer told me that they are coming out with an under 30 Hp tractor product line in 2013 and that it was going to be manufactured in Korea too.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Sounds like a decent deal, FYI. The Bobcats are made to Bobcat specs. by Kioti (another Korean tractor manufacturer).

Hope you can get some pictures up, there are a pretty limited number on the TYM site and would be interesting to see

Brad

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Waterbug.. are ya buying the machine? I would love to see more pics of one.. Good luck with your decision...
90% sure that I'm buying it. Trying to assure that their existing loan gets paid off and the lien released. They owe over $10K, so they need my funds to pay the loan off. Since tractors have no titles, I don't want to give them the money and trust that they will pay off the loan. The loan is not assumable. I'm thinking of getting a lawyer involved. (legal notarized bill of sale defining sales price and cashiers checks to lender and owner). I wouldn't do it for a small item but for an item of this cost, I want to be sure that the bill of sale is valid. The owner has requested a written pay off letter from the lender. I'm talking to a lawyer tomorrow. Couple hundred to a lawyer to be sure that it is done right is cheap insurance.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,161 Posts
Looks Good. That is quite a blower!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Waterbug,
I saw your post and thought I would chime in. I have a TYM T353HST and think it is a great machine. I have had it for a year now, used it for skidding logs and snow blowing without any trouble. I use a 3pt blower, your front set up looks nice. Your set up seems like a sweet deal but I would double check the requirements for the blower, it looks massive on that tractor. Make sure the hydraulic pump will meet the needs of the blower. If it was a factory/dealer set up then you should be ok but an ounce of prevention as they say.

I do know that TYM came out with a front blower set up for the 293 but I do not know the size of the blower. Good luck with your purchase!

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the reply. Checked out the blower specs and everyting is fine. Used the blower in 10" of snow last week and it works like a charm. It did my 800' driveway befor I even got the hang of the thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.