My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I LOVE Garden Tractors!!!
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so far I know it was made in 1968 and 69, smaller then an 850 witha 3 spd Peerless trans and 7 hp briggs. Is it a vertical shaft lawn tractor? Anyone have one or seen one? Looks cool, but what would it really be worth? This is not the actual tractor, just something I found on the web.

Attachments

·
Gearhead
878 Posts
It's a small frame tractor. Basically a lawn tractor. I think they are vertical shaft engines, but not positive. The 770's show up on Ebay often. I don't know what they bring, but I don't think there is much demand for them.

·
Canadian collector
68 Posts
i hale one all i know is it has a 7 hp briggs lol i bought it for 200$ i think its worth it

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
The 770 came out in 1968, and has a 7HP Briggs, but commonly switched with an I I expensive 8 horse over the 80's and 90's. Thiey were amiable with a super rare cab, mower deck, that you could get in two sizes, 36" and 32". They also had a front snowblower and plow blade. It's sister was the 775 that was the hydrostatic version of it, that Is what I have. You could also get tow behind stuff with the 770 like gang reel mower, etc.

·
Canadian collector
68 Posts
The 770 came out in 1968, and has a 7HP Briggs, but commonly switched with an I I expensive 8 horse over the 80's and 90's. Thiey were amiable with a super rare cab, mower deck, that you could get in two sizes, 36" and 32". They also had a front snowblower and plow blade. It's sister was the 775 that was the hydrostatic version of it, that Is what I have. You could also get tow behind stuff with the 770 like gang reel mower, etc.
no my mower deck is 30 in inches so you either have the hydro ones measurements or you goofed:thThumbsU

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
You are right, I was thinking on the top of my head. I do not use my deck at all, it just sits out back in the shed, deep in there.

·
Canadian collector
68 Posts
You are right, I was thinking on the top of my head. I do not use my deck at all, it just sits out back in the shed, deep in there.
lol they need a bigger deck lol i wish i could rig a 48 under it LOL my dads cub has a 48 and dang it has a wide cuttin path

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
Yes, but the tractor cannot handle that much with the belt and only a 7 horse motor. It is already a lot having a 30 inch deck and on mine it takes a lot to run the little hydro pump.

·
Canadian collector
68 Posts
Yes, but the tractor cannot handle that much with the belt and only a 7 horse motor. It is already a lot having a 30 inch deck and on mine it takes a lot to run the little hydro pump.
i know its a joke lol the HP ratings have changed its more like 10-13 hp now but yea it is way to much

1 - 9 of 9 Posts