My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets face the facts. I'm lazy. I want to mount a spare weed eater on my Kubota 1850. Am I crazy? My thought is to mount a vertical pin in the receiver attached to my 3 point. From there I would mount a vertical pole with a cross bar. The weed eater would be mounted using wire rope through a spring system to take the weight of the weed eater. Then I could sit in the seat and cut weeds in comfort. Does this have any possibility of working?

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
I don't have a clue, but I would get a 2 wheel trimmer from Sears/Troy-built and push it. I love mine. If that is too much trouble, then why trim at all?:ROF :ROF :ROF :trink39:

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Okay, sorry, I am thinking using the 2 wheel weed eater and attaching a drive to it like a pushmower has andthen adding a sockey to it. Then we wouldn't have to walk.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
244 Posts
they already sell a contraption that hooks up to the mower deck. so if you're handy you may be able to whip something up for your tractor.
i'll try to find the site that i seen this thing and post the link. give me a few minutes.....

·
Registered
244 Posts
i have thought about building something along the lines as this but for the moment this is the lady of the house-s job.
i don't want her to see this site cus then i'm gonna have to build or buy one of these...lolll......ssshhhh:Stop:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fabforce1 Now thats exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the link. By the way what kind of plane do you fly? I recently sold my Baron.

·
Registered
244 Posts
to answer your question of type of plane...i fly C-150, C-152 and C-172.

back to this trimmer thing. on the site i gave the link to, they are saying it is for a ZT mower and i found some other site in passing that the power to run this is at 30 amps now i don't know what your machine's putting out but mine only gives 16 amps but like i said if you're handy with tools you may be able to conjure up something.
myself was thinking if i ever build one of these would be to use a gas trimmer engine and make some sort of adapter such as the one on the site i linked to. i do not know if there is an electric motor that could be used with lower amp needs out there that would give the power needed to do whipper snipper work.
just some thoughts i had....

there may be other types of trimmer for this type of application so you may want to do some more research.

good luck...

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Was curious at to what price was so I called. 1459.00 retail and they would
knock 10% off, but would come back up with freight added. The salesperson was explaining that they are spring loaded in case you hit a fence post or other object. The unit goes out 37" from the top post and actually could get it out more by manuvering the turn buckles...something like that anyway. It is a nice product but just don't have the extra cash to fork out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts