My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got it on an online carb replacement for my Kawasaki 22HP V-Twin engine.

I would think the part is universal, but can not find it online. I asked the seller and they said they do not have JUST this part.

It secures the control cables to carb, but I accidently broke it while manipulating it.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle part Gas Auto part
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle part Gas Auto part

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
10,007 Posts
You might try getting that part out of the previous carb. If it's a knockoff carb, you probably have to buy a whole new carb, if it's oem, you could maybe contact the manufacturer of the carb and see if you can get it.

·
Registered
'81 Gravely tractor, 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's Gravely tractors Various Honda Power equipment
1,197 Posts
The Black plastic piece looks like the retaining clip/mount for the Choke actuating rod or throttle actuating rod that comes up from the throttle control panel.
If that's what it is, and it is on a Mikuni or Keihin carburetor, you should be able to get it as a separate part.
They just plug/stick into the choke plate/throttle plate rod. It should be available, and you should be able to find it on a parts breakdown picture when you look up the carburetor parts or throttle/choke control linkage parts for the engine.
Sometimes they come with a 'Small Parts' kit, or they are sold separately.
Those little pieces break easily if not careful when attaching/disconnecting the rod from them. They 'Snap' in place on the tiny side plate of the shaft and are replaceable.
Those pieces hold a 'Control Rod' in place, they are not for attaching a cable. A cable would go into the hole that the black plastic piece/retaining clip mounts into.
If that is for the 'Throttle', then the rod goes from there to the governor arm on the engine. If it's the 'Choke', the rod goes from there to the Choke linkage on the throttle control assembly mounted on the engine down near the governor arm location under the carburetor.

·
Registered
'81 Gravely tractor, 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's Gravely tractors Various Honda Power equipment
1,197 Posts
It is part of the Carburetor Shaft, either the Choke Shaft, or the Throttle Shaft.
If we knew exactly what carburetor make and model, we might be able to find just the clip. The Clip comes with the shaft.
Is it a Mikuni or Keihin? There is a model number printed or stamped on the body of the Carburetor.
There are also companies that make the small replacement parts for them like the clip he is looking for.
A Kawasaki dealer should have the catalogs to find the small parts for rebuild kits for them.
Sometimes you have to look at the carburetor manufacturers website to find the part.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey sorry have been away for a while....

It was a chinese carb from ebay meant to be the exact one used on the Kawasaki 2 cylinder on my tractor. I tried the seller but they do not have parts etc..

I got it to work by wrapping a tiny wire around end to keep it from coming out. Thought it would be fairly easy to find JUST that tiny plastic part, but not apparently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts