My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at an economy tractor. jim dandy to be exact from around 1961. its missing a tranny. i was told it was a 'three speed borg warner T92' tranny. i dont want to plunge in if im not going to be able to find a tranny for a decent price. ($200-) i think i will need the clutch and pressure plate and everything too. i could be wrong.. heres a pic of where the tranny bolts on.

i really want to get this thing up and running, and run it around for a while to make sure everythings good, then tear it apart and make it pretty again. :thanku:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure. i am not familiar with the tractor or trans. its one of those things that cought my eye and now i gotta' have it.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,794 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yes it takes a T-92 3 speed transmission and if you are in no hurry you can find a decent one for around $200 and as was stated you will need the bell housing and a throw out bearing if you don't have one.The lining on the disc lasts forever but worn splines are what usually send them to the trash.That tractor looks like it has a very rare set of factory front wheel weights.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,722 Posts
would that be like a farmer 4 gear as we call them up here ..It had bull low then 1,2,3 ??
Nope, it would be a regular 3 speed with reverse. The deluxe tractor had 2 of these in line giving you 10 forward gears and 3 reverse speeds (I think)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts