My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I gather, there are two versions, a commercial version for golf courses and lawn care companies and a small applicator for home use. The small home-use applicator is not practical for treating my 2 acres and the commercial Sarritor Backpack supplied by Rittenhouse is expensive and does not seem practical for treating large areas of Clover and Plantain.

I'm wondering if anyone has had success applying it on a large scale. They say it produces no spores, so will not propagate but will the mower propage it? I mean, does one need to be careful not to dischage clippings into flower beds etc.? Perhaps mowing with the mulch plug in may contain it and propagate it to other plants that are being mowed.

I also wonder if anyone has tried cultivating it to increase yeild.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
that reminds me of a super soak er ....Never used one sorry
There is no similarity... The applicator drops a measured amount of granular product where the wand is touched to the weed. Fine for a few Dandilions but not for a large patch of Clover. That was why I wondered if mulch mowing would propagate it around the lawn or if the force of the blade would just kill it. Maybe a reel mower would do better to propagate it than a rotary mulching blade.

·
Banned
2 Posts
There is no similarity... The applicator drops a measured amount of granular product where the wand is touched to the weed. Fine for a few Dandilions but not for a large patch of Clover. That was why I wondered if mulch mowing would propagate it around the lawn or if the force of the blade would just kill it. Maybe a reel mower would do better to propage it than a rotary mulching blade.

I am not sure if that would work but in theory it sounds like it could work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts