My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone have parts list for lgt 36" tiller JAC Mod# 09JC9844 need bearing part number

I finally got the mod # of this tiller after being confused by the serial number....I am trying to order bearings for it...the center ones are totally wiped out...if anyone has manual...or parts list...or bearing number for this tiller..please let me know...and thanks!!..its for a ford lgt but made by jacobsen...36" 09JC9844

·
Registered
676 Posts
Re: anyone have parts list for lgt 36" tiller JAC Mod# 09JC9844 need bearing part num

Go to this site https://www.messicks.com/newhollandparts.aspx
then punch in your model number in the Model search box and you will get a parts diagram and parts list.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: anyone have parts list for lgt 36" tiller JAC Mod# 09JC9844 need bearing part num

Hey Catdoo...I tried it...but I am coming up empty...maybe I am doing something wrong..but I chose new holland then entered the part number...but nothing...its was made for ford by jacobsen....maybe thats the problem...and its old

·
Registered
676 Posts

It's there I checked it first, enter 09JC9844 in the top box under MODEL SEARCH

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

CATDOO...thanks!!...I see it now...not sure what I did wrong the first time..thats awesome!!..thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

Well did you ever get the bearing numbers?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Hey Skyrydr2...if you have the bearing numbers that would be great...I would appreciate it...you know I still have not yet got the tines off...I even went to a machine shop...they initially quoted me $40...to remove the tines..but when they saw it they raised the price to $125...so I passed for now....but they also said...that heat and soaking in liquid wrench was the only way to get them off...the machine shop did have one interesting idea..he said "remove the pins that hold on the tines and RUN IT!" ...I cant because the bearings are out....but I do wonder if the bearings were ok would that break the rust and get the tines free?? thanks for all your help skyrydr2

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

Eric, I'm still waiting for my bearings! They are rare! So be prepaired! Also , the tine shafts are keyed as well as the pins! So pulling just the pins will not work, and to add feast to famine the shafts are DOUBLE KEYED! So there are 2 keys per shaft.

·
Registered
261 Posts

Sky,..
How rare are they? Are u sure they cant be had at the local brg house?

kubotakid USA

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

That's were I went for them, they were the ones that told me that.

·
Registered
261 Posts

Keith,..

Do you have the bearing part numbers? Id like to see what they are?,..

kubotakid USA

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

Nope , nothing on the bearings or the flange. The bearing it self is easy to get, its the flanges that ate the issue, they are cast ,have 3 square holes for bolts and are pretty thick. Standard 206 self aligning type, but the flanges got all bent up pulling them off , other wise I could have gotten just the bearings at TSC .

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

I would post a pic but its a royal pain on this site, and frankly, I won't because of it.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

Bearing # VF 3S - 118M made by Browning.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Where do you find the model numbers on these? I just picked up one for cheap and it looks like the bearings are gone. The tines and shafts are pretty loose. Mine is a shaft drive unit with the gearbox.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

There should be a tag on the side, if that's gone..... You will need to play it by eye. All I can say is, them tines and bearings come OFF REAL HARD! You will be hating life trying to do it with out the proper equipment , I GARRENTEE!
You will need an Oxy-acetalene torch, and a really long bearing puller set-up with a bearing splitter type clamp. Mine cost me well over $3000 back in the ninetys and has more than paid for it self.
The shafts are pinned and double keyed too.
Good luck, your going to need it.

If I were to do this for a customer , I would have to charge him $150 and that is just for labor . It took me, with the proper tools , over 3 hours to get the case split and all the bearings and tines off. And that wad with a helper too. Not easy...

·
Registered
53 Posts

Not in any hurry to start it. It goes to the tail end of the line behind my 64 Belvedere, 47 Ferguson Tractor, Polaris 700 twin rebuild, and a 66 Par Pony Golf Cart. Lots of things lined up until winter this year. Just doing some early research as I am looking forward to it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts