My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was just curious because i know some of you guys on here are really smart and good at fabricating some stuff, does anyone have a v plow on their gt? i think ive seen a steiner with one, but i didnt know if someone fabricated one to work on a john deere or any other gt's. just a crazy thought that went through my mind this morning on my way to work and seen a truck with a v plow on it.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
With a small tractor it would only be good for one pass or opening up a walk. But.... maybe one like those convertable "V to Straight" jobs I've seen on pickups around here...? However, if you really need a V plow to open up a plowing job, there's too much snow to plow the rest off with a GT.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a v-plow on one my Case gt's. Belive it is homemade, got it free from a friend and adapted it to interchange with my straight blade so i could use the stock lift mechanism. Works great on sidewalks, so-so on driveways. On sw's it doesn't push you to the side like an angled blade so you're not fighting the steering wheel. On dw's you can plow to either side without angling the blade, but you only have half of the blade to plow with after the first pass and you cannot push the snow straight ahead. It's still fun and looks cool. I'll try and get some pics up. Do you want some good close-ups so you can try to build one?

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Rbick1....Sounds interesting. Just enough blade to open up the driveway or walkway. Then change to a flat blade and finish the job.
Might be a project worth doing in my off time, getting ready for the big winter storm in 2010/11.
As Prayters said, 'it'd look cool'.

·
Registered
467 Posts
With a small tractor it would only be good for one pass or opening up a walk. But.... maybe one like those convertable "V to Straight" jobs I've seen on pickups around here...? However, if you really need a V plow to open up a plowing job, there's too much snow to plow the rest off with a GT.
I would have loved to have a V plow to push a single pass through my foot + deep driveway last week. I had to push though with the blade straight, pushing some to the side, back blading some out, pushing with the blade up, what ever it took, but really working the tractor hard. Once I opened that first pass up, I then grabbed plow loads of snow and pushed from one end of the drive to the other (300'+). Would have worked a lot better with a Boss style V plow, especially being able to use as a reverse V. And yes it was too much for my LT, but I wasn't going to shovel it by hand, don't have a blower, and didn't want to pay someone else to come do it.

·
Case 210 Club
97 Posts
some kinda v plow that was hinged in the center would be nice . vplow , flat straight or flat to left or right

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
i've seen pics of one on here but couldnt tell you where. i think it may of been on a massey? or bolens? i dont know but there's one here somewhere

·
My True Colors-Red+Silver
728 Posts
I saw a Massey on a Yahoo group that someone put a homemade V-plow on.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
That V-plow is awesome.

·
Registered
190 Posts
just got done using the v-plow and thought i would renew this old thread so some of the new members could enjoy it or give others ideas for a new project.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
If you have seen commercial truck blades. I think its Blizzard plows that have wings that extend making the blade wider. That same thing could be done on both sides of "V" plow. Adding a separate lower trip edge on the lower 2" would increase safety in case you hit something hard sticking up from a hard surface.

·
Registered
190 Posts
v-plow in action, old pics

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.