My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondering, anyone have experience about John Deere tractor on shipping?

like y buy from ebay or weekend freedom machine i just curious what cost average for shipping and who company y use?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the parts site ships to yoru dealer, then the dealer ships to you. if your dealer of choice is within driving distance, don't even bother requesting shipping because it just adds to the cost AND the lead time if the dealer don't have it in stock!
i mean whole tractor.. like if y buy John deere 212 tractor then does they shipping for whole tractor?

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Shipping of used equipment is usually worked out between the buyer and seller. Occasionally the seller may be able to get a quote for you, but usually the responsibility is upon the buyer. And of course, the buyer pays shipping.

The price will vary greatly depending upon a number of factors.

1. Is the pickup point a residential or commercial address?
2. Does the pickup point have a loading dock or will liftgate or forklift service be required?
3. Is the destination a residential or commercial address?
4. Does the destination have a loading dock or will liftgate or forklift service be required?
5. Weight and dimensions of tractor (freight class).

I've used R&L Carriers before. http://www.rlcarriers.com/

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shipping of used equipment is usually worked out between the buyer and seller. Occasionally the seller may be able to get a quote for you, but usually the responsibility is upon the buyer. And of course, the buyer pays shipping.

The price will vary greatly depending upon a number of factors.

1. Is the pickup point a residential or commercial address?
2. Does the pickup point have a loading dock or will liftgate or forklift service be required?
3. Is the destination a residential or commercial address?
4. Does the destination have a loading dock or will liftgate or forklift service be required?
5. Weight and dimensions of tractor (freight class).

I've used R&L Carriers before. http://www.rlcarriers.com/
thank for info!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
If you do not know any shipping companies that can move a tractor, try UShip.com. I purchased my x530 in Allentown PA and got it shipped to Calais, Maine for a reasonable price. All you have to do is register with UShip and they will send out quotes to many shipping companies and they will give you a free quote. You then pick which one you want and and then the shipper will contact you about making arrangements. Good luck.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you do not know any shipping companies that can move a tractor, try UShip.com. I purchased my x530 in Allentown PA and got it shipped to Calais, Maine for a reasonable price. All you have to do is register with UShip and they will send out quotes to many shipping companies and they will give you a free quote. You then pick which one you want and and then the shipper will contact you about making arrangements. Good luck.
thank for info! how much cost shipping? Allentown pa to Calais?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
thank for info! how much cost shipping? Allentown pa to Calais?
If I remember correctly, $430 dollars which included about 80 dollars to UShip for their services and the rest went to the trucking company. I was very happy with the cost. Also, by shipping the tractor out of PA, there was no sales tax on the tractor as I purchased it from a John Deere dealer. I then drove to Calais from PEI and brought tractor across the border and back home.

·
Registered
859 Posts
might ask the seller if they will deliver for a fee. i've delivered a tractor and deck before that I was selling. just asked for the non refundable delivery up front.

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
Personaly I prefer to pick up... I have a good sized landscape trailer that can fit up to three 210 sized tractors at one time. (I only did that once... the wifey was not happy to see that I bagged that many in one hunting trip) :banghead3

Lately it has only been one at a time on the trailer, which is good because then I can balance the load which is easier to travel with... and I stay married. :biglaugh:
Can any one say ROAD TRIP? :thThumbsU

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
14,093 Posts
it will be nice get away from wife!! for while.. but gas cost is go up shipping is cheap than drive pick up cuz y have to pay tolls,hotel,food,gas,repair truck?,stripper?:drunkie:

Take the wife along! Tell her its a romantic getaway! That's what I did!

(And I'm even still married!)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I saved a ton by having my 41 blower shipped by speede delivery, they shipped anything that fits on a pallet and weighs less than i believe 2000 pounds very reasonable. I am not sure about a whole tractor, but I would sure shop around.

With fuel prices at near 4 bucks a gallon for diesel to go the 900 miles, 18 mpg ... . that's 50+ gallons or over $200 fuel, whole day and of course meals. They shipped it for just $67 if I picked it up at their local drop site, would have doubled if I had it delivered to my home.

I shipped a mustang once for around 500 from the east coast.

Hope that helps.

Yamadoo

Yamadoo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts