My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone could post a couple of pictures of their oil cooler. I might be picking one up to add to my 1886.

Thanks,
Jason

Reactions: tom631

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Hydraulic oil, or engine oil cooler?
I am interested in adding a hydraulic cooler to mine, and hope to see some examples of that.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have specified that. I would like to see a hydraulic oil cooler mounted on. I had a guy call me and offer the cooler for a pretty decent price. I am just wondering where/how it mounts.

Jason

·
5,523 Posts
As I know of thay will only fit the HT20D, and HT23. I think its becuse the HT20D and HT23 has the Eaton 11.

·
Registered
829 Posts
The oil cooler was only avaiable for the HT-18 and uo.The 1886 with the eaton 12 did not have one so you will need to fab something up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What about splicing into the return hose/line between the control valve and oil filter. I thought about zig zaging a line near the fan kind of like a cars p steering cooler.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
What about splicing into the return hose/line between the control valve and oil filter. I thought about zig zaging a line near the fan kind of like a cars p steering cooler.
You could also zig zag a line inside the farme rails a place a small 12 volt muffen fan in there. I know that the 24 HP Honda I just installed has one on the side for engine oil. No fan, just static air for cooling.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about one of these, from an HT-23?
Place in-line on the return side, and mounted somewhere with a little air around it.
(this one is on eBay right now)
That is the same type as what I was offered. I know it won't be stock, but It would be fun to do anyway. I have a spare transaxle coming in eventually that I will be able to play with. I was just hoping someone had some pictures of one mounted up and how the lines were routed.

Jason

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
How about one of these, from an HT-23?
Place in-line on the return side, and mounted somewhere with a little air around it.
(this one is on eBay right now)
That one appears to be able to handle pressure with its flared connection. I would put it on the inside of the front grill and route non pressure lines to it.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Sorry, bhts, but the parts manual doesn't give us a good visual as to how the oil cooler is mounted (or where) under the seat pan. A photo of an actual oil cooler in teh installed location would be an excellent addition to this thread.

Anyone have one?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Steevo the manual was to help show the routing of the lines.I have added a few pics of the setup from mine.You will not be able to do the 1886 with the eaton 12 this way as the rear end is taller and the pump bigger.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Steevo the manual was to help show the routing of the lines.I have added a few pics of the setup from mine.You will not be able to do the 1886 with the eaton 12 this way as the rear end is taller and the pump bigger.
I take it this was an option on earlier HT23's, and probably standard on the later models with PS etc.? Mine doesn't have this..or PS.. Didn't they offer a PS cooler as well? or is this the same cooler? Wish mine had all the bells and whistles along with the cruise control.

I guess I shouldn't complain.. I might be putting my 23 up forsale anyways. I really want to put the money into grandpa's HT20 since it has actual sentimental value. Plus it's been garage kept it's whole life since new. Love my 23.. and don't wanna sell it.. but I won't have room for both large frames and my boat and camaro project.

Nick

ps found bearings today for my mower deck.. 6 bucks each along with a goodyear belt for 16 bucks (not to hijack the post).

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
This is a late post, but I have too never seen anyone put a tranny cooler on anything else than a 23. I have one, and lucky it is on there because it makes me feel better when I am using the tractor a lot in the summer. I have never seen anyone mount one on. We only have mine with one, because mine came that way straight from the factory.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I was wondering if someone could post a couple of pictures of their oil cooler. I might be picking one up to add to my 1886.

Thanks,
Jason

I did this one for my 1886 that I put the 24 HP Honda into. Because the hydraulic valve has an open center, meaning fluid circulates while engine is running. I hooked it to the non pressure side in the valve and returned it to the non pressure side of the hydro. This is the only pic that I have of it. There are 2 muffins fans that you can not see and the start to run as soon as the key it turned to on.

Attachments

·
Deceased Member
2,028 Posts
There were 2 cooler kits for the HT series tractors.

The #18087 that was for the HT18 and HT20.
The #18111 that was for the HT20D and early HT23s.

The #18111 was standard on the late HT23s with the 2389S model designation, and I'm pretty sure the HDT1000.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts