My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. Me and a few of the old timers from here (that most aren't on here anymore) Hugh, Jeffrey, Matt, Jesse, Austin (maybe) and a few locals are meeting up like we do every year. Just curious if anyone else is making the trek.

-James

·
Super Moderator
30,854 Posts
Funny thing, been looking for 3 pt. plow for a long time to get ready, found one last month and picked it up, then buying another machine the guy tells me he has a Brinley 3pt. with guage wheel which are like hens teeth to find. So by this weekend willl have a 2nd 3pt. plow so one for each machine!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny thing, been looking for 3 pt. plow for a long time to get ready, found one last month and picked it up, then buying another machine the guy tells me he has a Brinley 3pt. with guage wheel which are like hens teeth to find. So by this weekend willl have a 2nd 3pt. plow so one for each machine!
That's Excellent!

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
Where at in PA? I live in the Poconos, and now that I am retired, I have time to see and do stuff (poor health permitting).

·
Super Moderator
30,854 Posts
This is the one over towards Danville, PA, used to be in Danville but they moved it several years ago.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is in Watsontown PA, the 17th and 18th of April

·
Super Moderator
30,854 Posts
GT where'd you get that info from? I'd like to include all the details in the events sub-forum?

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This will be 13th annual PA PLOW DAY. Address for the event is 1820 River Rd. Watsontown,PA 17777.

Registration this year will be $20 (i believe) and is good for both days. Anyone operating anything with a motor either on the show grounds or in the field must register.

The show grounds will open Friday morning with plowing starting at 2 pm, weather permitting. Plowing will continue into the night stopping around 10 pm. Tractors plowing after dark must have lights front and rear.

Breakfast will be served Saturday morning at 8 am. ( I've always found the price very reasonable and the food is good. ) Plowing will start at 9 am and continue until folks head home.

There is a facebook group called PA Plow Day Social Group

·
Penn State Puller!
2,795 Posts
See you there, even though none of my tractors are ready yet.

Reactions: GT_80

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
See you there, even though none of my tractors are ready yet.
Join the club- all the ones I want to bring need maintenance. Some only oil changes, some need trans swaps.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
I gotta write the date down so I don't forget it. Mapquest says I'm 1 1/2 hours away which is doable. I'm not sure my tractor is up to plowing, and I'm not sure I am either, but I'll drive that far just to watch. When I say the tractor may not be up to it, it is more my reluctance to remove the mower deck and installing the plow and chains on my turf tires, only to have to switch it back right away. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
That only takes about 10 minutes. It is the 10 hour drive one way, if I could fine a plow day within 1.5 hours it would not be an issue.

·
Super Moderator
30,854 Posts
We have had them come up from Virginia, down from Maine, over from New Jersey and from Canada too to join the fun!

·
Super Moderator
30,854 Posts
You would be around tons of folks who know how to set up a plow properly. They helped me the first year I went! I understand though, if this year isn't the right year then set your sites on next year. Work out the kinks this year!

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
Yes I want to change the way the plow is mounted and replace the frame. I am tired of straitening bent parts and the flex this frame configuration has.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts