My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,042 Posts
My cousin in Florida received her first shot today with no ill effects. She is 81.

Reactions: MARK (LI)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I received my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine today, a little arm soreness with the first injection, no noticable discomfort with round 2.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I'm a frontline hospital worker performing physical therapy as a PTA. FTF (literally lifting patients to chairs if needed with them coughing on and under my face shield) with Covid positives in our Covid ICU and step down units. Have had more of my patients die in the last 8 months than the last 8 years.

Many of our staff including me had a very sore arm after dose 1. One co-worker broke out in a head to toe rash and ran a high fever, another ended up in our ER gasping for air the day after. Inconclusive as to the relation of the vaccine on the second guy and he went home from the ER that day. Neither got dose 2.

Dose 2 I got a bad stick and my arm was sore for several days. Pretty sure it was the stick and not the vaccine. Many co-workers reported nausea for a few days after dose 2 which resolved. I haven't heard of any other issues with dose 2 in my hospital and have talked to at least 150 people about it.

20210106_151727(1)_compress90.jpg

20201020_134433(1)_compress46.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,792 Posts
A consensus has been reached in the Mod room:

If this thread gets repeatedly sidetracked or otherwise feisty anymore we're stopping the car.

The question at hand is: If you received a vaccine, what was your experience. That's it.

Replies not conforming to this standard will be deleted.

Please... and much obliged.

K.R. on behalf of the management.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Steve; Did everyone at your hospital recieve the Pfizer injection? My wife and I are sceduled to recieve our first shots today, pretty sure they will be Mederna.
Cannon

·
Super Moderator
4,792 Posts
schreib77, don't push your luck again. Hint: It will run out. Please don't be the newbie that ruins it for everyone.

Thread closure: Strike one. Strike two may result in some vacations.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Steve; Did everyone at your hospital recieve the Pfizer injection? My wife and I are sceduled to recieve our first shots today, pretty sure they will be Mederna.
Cannon
As far as I know we did. I got mine day one of vacccinations at my hospital as the lot that was opened only had a shelf life of xxx hrs. My boss called me and said a lot was about to expire and I could get it if I went w/in the next hour.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My mom got hers due to working in a hospital. She mentioned arm hurt, similar to a tetanus shot. Been a few weeks and I just saw her last night. No extra toes or anything.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
My wife and I just got home from recieving our first shot, we'll get the second one in 28 days. They made us wait for 15 minuites before we could go but neither of us had any problem. I'll report any side effects.
I hope we can keep this thread alive, the information here was of some value to me leading up to getting the injection.
Cannon

·
Registered
747 Posts
Thanks everyone some good information. Wife and I are still waiting for availability here. We are in the 65 age group they are doing the 75 age now.

·
close enuff works for me
3,150 Posts
My daughter works in a hospital,,has had both shots ,,,sore arm for a day each time,similar to getting any other shot. No other problems.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Started giving shots to over 75 here in Va The people I know who got them said they didn't have any problems. The only problem was that they had to wait over 4 hrs and there was a traffic jamb on one of main roads. I'm waiting for the VA to let me know when they start

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wife & I just fought to get ours based on High Risk Medical. The cops had the location totally locked down & they were not playing the same rules as the Health Team administering the shots. Either way, We got the Maderna Vaccine. We are doing just fine & the arm slightly tender but we went on to HEB to get some groceries, then back to RV camp.

Thanks to all here & We truly appreciate others who are trying to play an important role to punch this virus in the face.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The CoVid-19 vaccines have been produced in record time. As such, we have a very limited database of possible side effects and virtually no knowledge of possible long term effects simply because it is too new. There have been reports of people having severe anaphylaxis reactions to the injections. I get that from yellowjacket wasp stings, not fun. Scientists think that it may be from the polyethylene glycol.

I see that warning is from the UK. Have you seen any warnings from the US?

·
Super Moderator
29,550 Posts
This thread is closed for now, DO NOT START ANY NEW THREADS ON THIS SUBJECT.

The staff is going to review and decide if any further discussion will be allowed or all future threads/posts will simply disappear. We have never allowed any subject that is this divisive and politically/emotionally charged. Once a staff consensus has been reached we will update you.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.