My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
My wife works in healthcare and has had the first and second doses. The first does was just a mildly sore arm, the second does kicked her butt and she was sick enough to come home early that day. She took some ibuprofen and woke up fine the next day so went right back to work - nothing out of the ordinary for vaccine shots. I've lost family members to COVID, my neighbors and friends have lost family members to COVID, and I'll be getting the vaccine as soon as I am allowed to.

Reactions: 4Get GTO

·
Premium Member
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
My wife and I got our first doses today. Similar to what others have said, it felt the same as when I got my flu shot about a month ago. No side effects to report but it's only been a few hours.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Cole, and ggsteve, my wife would like to know if the vaccines you received were Pfizer, or Maderma?
Our county received Pfizer doses first so that's what everyone around here has been getting

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
The OP asked for people who have personal experience with the vaccine share their experience, if you are asking someone who has has experience with the vaccine a question then it's OK. We are watching this thread as the question was simple and we don't need to have another COVIDS discussion, we do need to discuss how the vaccine is being received though by folks that have experienced it.

·
Super Moderator
12,292 Posts
Naplesjoe, Is your question directly related to an experience with a vaccine in keeping with the o/p's topic? If not, then start your own thread.

·
Premium Member
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
We got Moderna, approved for over 18yo.

Naples, the very deepest core value of MTF is friendly, apolitical discussion. Animosity will not be tolerated. As a former mod I have to say your last post was pushing the envelope. Members have been banned for less.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
A lot of my family works in healthcare, and what they have said is to plan on some impacts for 12-24 hours after each shot. Everyone has been a bit different. My SIL had headaches both times. A friend, who actually did the AstraZenica trial earlier this year but was a control, got feverish when she got the actual shot this week. That was her first round.

·
Super Moderator
12,292 Posts
Guys, I'm just thinking, it may be helpful to others if you can mention which vaccine you received since your experience may differ from those who received a different vaccine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been trying to get signed up for the vaccine. I have a co-worker in my small(3 person) office at a major university, he is a volunteer EMT and has had the shot. He said he had a slight fever for about 4 hrs and felt fine after that. He got his sec shot yesterday. The other guy in the office tested positive for the virus and had cough that he said “ could make a priest curse “. Felt miserable for 4-5 days. I tested negative after he was positive. With all that said, Im of the mind that if you can put forth a minor effort to get thing under control, I’m all for it. It’s not just me involved, everyone I come in contact with matter also. Doesn’t matter if know them or not. Working with 1000’s of people everyday and needing to do all the things it takes to have a life, I’m all in. Remember what Dr Phil says “ It ain’t about you!”.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I work in the first responder world we were classified as Group 1 A. Just got my second dose on Monday. My arm is sore at the injection site no other issues.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just wondering how close we are to getting vaccinated against COVID.

One of many sisters in law got her first shot this week. She said her arm was sore for a day, then it got better.

I can get a first dose this week but I would have to work at a vaccination center for a day checking people in. My wife wants to go but another SIL, one who is a front line worker, survived COVID but has reduced lung capacity says No-No-No. Not sure it's worth the risk.
My sister in-laws both got the first shot. They both work in a hospital setting. Both had covid & recovered. They both experience fever for 2 days from first shot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife is a nurse and has had both shots and no issues with either one, the second one she had the same pain as with a flu shot. I know of at least a dozen that have gotten it and only one person complained of any issues, mild flu symptoms, but is unsure if it was from the vaccine or an allergy that they get. My wife said that out of all the people that were vaccinated at her hospital, 140 beds, only one person had a bad allergic reaction.

·
16,617 Posts
My daughter is an RN in a necu unit @ a large hospital/teaching college...she iis in the second wave of employees there that had it----she just said her arm was sore the neck day, and she had a slight headache for a few hours. The rest is good so far. Her husband also got his thru his work--he is a road Sargent/deputy with a local county--so he is in contact w/ many folks.
glenn

·
Registered
32 Posts
The wife & I will be lining up at 3am in the morning to the opening at 6 am to try to get one this friday. Will post back some results.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,042 Posts
Alright, gents. We have had to delete several posts in this thread that were off topic and did not address the OP's initial post. Two members have been disciplined for rude and insulting comments and some posts have been argumentative. We strive to keep a friendly and informative atmosphere on MTF. This thread contains some useful information and we would like to keep it going but if any more posts described above are found we will have to close the thread. Please stay on topic.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
4,313 Posts
Interesting that almost a million people received a dose yesterday. I hope that amount can be increased even more! My wife works in the grocery industry and they are getting hit hard by covid19, so she is ready for the vaccine. She is checking with the store manager to find out how the company wants to get it's workers the shots. So keep reporting on "how the shot was for you" hopefully it will ease peoples fears.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just wondering how close we are to getting vaccinated against COVID.

One of many sisters in law got her first shot this week. She said her arm was sore for a day, then it got better.

I can get a first dose this week but I would have to work at a vaccination center for a day checking people in. My wife wants to go but another SIL, one who is a front line worker, survived COVID but has reduced lung capacity says No-No-No. Not sure it's worth the risk.
My son is a doctor at U of M hosp here in Mich. He got his a few weeks ago. Said it made him queasy and he had to leave work. He felt that way for most of the day. My niece also works at the same hosp and she had a reaction (headache for several days and a bit of nausea). Her sister who also works in a hosp had no adverse reaction to the shot. My daughter-in-law and her mom, both nurses also had no reaction to the shot. I will be getting the shot ASAP

41 - 60 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.