My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
The CoVid-19 vaccines have been produced in record time. As such, we have a very limited database of possible side effects and virtually no knowledge of possible long term effects simply because it is too new. There have been reports of people having severe anaphylaxis reactions to the injections. I get that from yellowjacket wasp stings, not fun. Scientists think that it may be from the polyethylene glycol.

·
Super Moderator
7,995 Posts
The OP asked
"Anyone get, or know someone who has received the vaccine and want to share the experience?"...
Let's get it back on track ....it is a legitimate and interesting topic

·
Super Moderator
13,361 Posts
I know several folks that have received it (medical profession). No big issues reported. Some have said the injection site is a little sore for an extended period of time. This coming week I know a large group of people getting it. I will report back if I hear anything.

From a thread moderation stand point. I would encourage most folks to keep it on subject here. Everyone has an opinion about COVID. Good, bad, or indifferent, we are here, why, how, and response to being here is another topic. So let’s deal just with the question at hand.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I know 2 people - both doctors. One, who has severe allergies, had a sore arm. The other had no issues. Both are due for the second shot this week.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
I will share the experience if my doctor clears me for the shot. Vaccine reactions are a real thing if you have had them.
For now I will leave it at that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wife's cousin works in doctors office in hospital as a business manager - got covid shot last week - no big deal, like a flu shot she says. I think some people react poorly to shots and others just don't, no matter what type. I get sore spot for a day from flu shots which really is common and to be expected. Have read that reactions are indication that vaccine is working. Body is working to create anti-bodies to build immunity. My cousin is a doctor in Milwaukee and agrees. So far we have lost three people we knew. So ******, this all could have been beaten back much better early on with decisive action at the top and a little more discipline from all of us. Too many innocent lives gone. My wife's friend died yesterday just a couple weeks before she may have gotten the vaccine.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I will leave all politics out .
But A friend of mine was on the Ruby Princess
We was diagnosed as being Covid posative , thought not to require hospitalization and stayed at home for the 5 weeks it took Covid to run it's course.
HE was a super fit motorcycling buddy celebrating his 60th birthday
By march he was declaired fit enough to return to work.
To date, he is yet to do more then 3 consecutive days and is currently on sickness benefits and it looks like he will be like that for the remainder of his life.
There are days when he is too fatigued to even get out of bed let alone go to work.
The hospital said his symptoms are similar to around 5% or the people around his age that recover.

So yes there could be long term health reprocussions of the vaccine that are unknown
But the consequences of dieing or being perminently incapicated are well known , not a risk I am willing to take so I will be standing at the front of the line when it becomes available down here.

·
Super Moderator
31,973 Posts
Not yet, but where I am is a small county, and we really have not had many people that fit the first stage of the shots. When its ready I will get it though. I work in a grocery store and we are pretty close to the top of the line here after health care workers, and over 75YO's . I also care for a 80yo MIL in her last stages of life..She has a Dr apt today, and we will talk about it there. Gets into a moral dilemma in this case.. do you give it to her to protect her... just to have her pass in a month or so.. or give it to the next person, who can live and enjoy life after. My oldest daughter works in child care. Shes young and heathy.. but working with children you never know what you will catch. I guess her, and I getting the shot first will help the rest of the house in the long run

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My SIL has had both doses now, got the last one last week. She had headaches after both - she's not sure if that's just a random occurrence or not. Otherwise, she was fine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have yet to find any study stating that the wearing of N95 masks or similar, prevents contracting any virus. Do you have knowledge of one? Please, let me know.

The CoVid-19 vaccines have been produced in record time. As such, we have a very limited database of possible side effects and virtually no knowledge of possible long term effects simply because it is too new. There have been reports of people having severe anaphylaxis reactions to the injections. I get that from yellowjacket wasp stings, not fun. Scientists think that it may be from the polyethylene glycol.

Sounds like you don't to want to wear a mask or get a vaccine. I think doing both is a much better idea. fwiw Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts

Sounds like you don't to want to wear a mask or get a vaccine. I think doing both is a much better idea. fwiw Good luck.
Thank you for a link. However, I trust no mass media (especially a random TV station) because they lie about everything and are only following a narrative. The Mayo Clinic even states in the beginning part that they "engineered" the study and there is no peer review. Their use of manikins was humorous, not very real world. Mayo Clinic is a business concern that has a vested interest in healthcare products.
You may want to read:

Masks are not required apparel where I live in Florida. As I stated before, I have severe allergic reactions to certain things and do have an Epi-pen. But avoidance is the best for me. Perhaps when these new vaccines have a more proven track record with people that have severe allergic reactions, I may change my mind.

·
Super Moderator
12,292 Posts
As Mark said, the o/p asked a simple question, experiences of those who have received a covid vaccine. This thread has evolved into a debate regarding the timeliness, and effectiveness of the vaccine(s), mask wearing, the citing of reports, etc. I'm sure that while your posts are well intended, you all know what happens when debates like this are allowed to continue. Threads like this wind up needing to be closed.

Lets all re-focus on the question at hand. While most of us are not yet in a position to contribute, we can still glean information from those who can.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
A friend of my wife and her mother got shots Monday. She is 65 and her mother is 88, both did fine. I think their giving the Moderna ones here.
Cannon

·
Registered
29 Posts
My daughter got the Moderna shot yesterday. Today she is not feeling well - making me worried but she came home so at least I can keep tabs. Personally, I don't plan on getting the shot primarily because of the unknown long-term impact. My fear is this got pushed to fast without sufficient testing - they did not know anything about the people who got an alergic reaction.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2 parts to my response.

1. My Daughter & I are both in Healthcare settings. We are regularly exposed to patients with Covid-19. But we are not required to quarantine after each known exposure. We do have special precautions set up to help limit our exposure & spread.

We just received our vaccines & are about to get second doses soon. No worse side effects than the flu vaccine! My wife is a secretary at a school & they are vaccinating this week just before the students are returning to the classroom. Happy to get this!!

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Folks if you haven't taken the vaccine this is not the place to post! We're being very watchful on this thread so please only responses that answer the OP's question here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know a Doctor that got the shot and then two weeks later got the COVID. The first shot is only 50% effective. It takes the second shot to get to the 90% area. Real protection only occurs after the second shot.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.