My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
deerhed
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious is anyone ever switched the controls for the Lift/Drive from right to left and vise-verse... or if its even possible!
I'd MUCH rather have the drive control on the right. Wondering if that's do-able!

From this pic it APPEARS it wouldn't be a huge deal... but I could be wrong!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Your tractor looks new enough that possibly you could buy the parts from Ingersoll and adapt the foot control that they offer on the newest models ...

:trink40:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
That's the same issue I had coming from JDs to Case. I rarely run the 400 series but it drives me nuts. I use my 646 and love the foot pedal. Do a search for Grummys mod to a foot pedal travel control. Very slick.

·
deerhed
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW... the newer Ingy's can be modded for FOOT HYDO??????

I'm SOLD!!!
Anyone know the cutoff date? Is it when they moved to 300/4000 naming?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Sorry creek but I think you misunderstood. Grummy did lots of mods to a 400 series and has a very good writeup with excellent pics about it. My computer is down so I don't have my bookmarks or I'd give you a link. Someone else has it and will throw it at you. I don't know anything about (read poor and or cheap) the new 4000 series but I do believe I saw somewhere that one of the newest models has foot control. Brian would be the one to ask about that.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
The newer (2006 and beyond) 4200 series tractors have foot control for travel speed.

Maybe hard to make out in my picture by the ID ... but that is a fresh 4223 and I do love the foot control. I ran a 4023 demo here for some years and used various customer tractors with foot controls frequently enough that they hooked me and we had to trade up. Kinda like when I started testing an RM60 deck, thinking it was WAY too big ... and now I can't live without it (except in autumn when the RM48 is mulching leaves ...)

There is no 3200 series comparable ... the shorter wheelbase low pro tractors have not been adapted.

The mechanism is quite similar to the loader tractors, though the ergonomics and smoothness is much improved. Not exactly a mod you would want to apply to your tractor ... very involved.

If you are intent on foot control ... the various fabrications raised through time by members are likely a better way to go ...

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts