My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know I bought this tractor with what the owner called a froze/cracked block. I actually got it started as the head was repaired but it is blowing oil out of the rear left side of the block. Right where the clutch housing mates to the block near the bottom at the bellhousing? I really cannot see good because of the frame hiding it.

question is: Has anyone removed the motor from one of these and how long am I looking at to do it approx? Do you have to split the tractor and then pull the engine? Just trying to get everything in line to further examine the leak and see if it is just the oil pan gasket or an actual cracked block.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for so many questions on this but it is my first Kubota.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Surely someone can chime in here.

Removed the starter and the oil looks like it is coming from the rear of the block inside the belhousing. Looking everything over there are a couple of points on the lines to where they seperate to pull it apart. We will see in the next couple of weeks when she comes apart.

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Bill, I did a search and didn't turn up any B7100 engine swaps. Looks like you'll be our 1st :D

You say it looks like the leak is inside the bellhouseing? Other than a cracked block, about the only other source for an oil leak in that area would be the rear seal. Shame you've got to pull it apart to see.

Theres alot of stuff in the way unfortunately, the tins, lines, wireing, radiator etc., that you'll have to remove to get at the engine. Take good pics and if possible keep the bolts/nuts either in marked boxes/containers or in the parts themselves. That will make reassembly much easier.
I'll swag it'll take about a week for a 1st time swap, maybe alittle longer.

This thread by mattbatson: http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=209875 shows him takeing his B1759 down fro refurb. Your B7100 is similar and some of his pics may be useful.

Good luck
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts