My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my 1220:banghead3 The best way to explain it is this: There is a bracket bolted with 4 bolts on the inside of the axle housing that supports the roll bar. This bracket also has a shackle attached to it with a turnbuckle that keeps tight the bottom link on the 3 point system. All 4 bolts have sheered off flush and it caused the rotary cutter I was using to move over into the right tire and the tire caught it! This was obvoiusly an ongoing problem where one bolt broke then a while later another and so on but the problem is no room! I bought a close quarter drill but still no luck drilling out the broken bolts. I did get one of them drilled out but it looks like I may be disassembling the axle housing and having to do some machine work from a good work bench. I bought this tractor used and I am not to familliar with them so I am not sure what to expect when I start into it. I am going to place a call to a dealer down here and talk to the service dept and see what they have to say on Monday. If it is not to costly, it may get hauled over there! If the cost of the repair exceeds the value of the tractor, I may get to unbolting! I will get some pics and figure out how to load them up tomorrow, (sunday) and let you guys get a peak at what happened. Thanks for reading!

MF1220

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry to drag this up from the past but I ended up taking the thing in and letting a shop handle it. It cost $350 but I got it back and the "unit" is back in motion around the place again. did some bush hogging and plan to get some tilling done this week. Its a little dude but works just fine. Have a good one

MF 1220

·
Banned
550 Posts
Glad to see she's back rolling over green. Nice model, very versital tractor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts