My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been boiling my squirrels, then baking them wrapped in bacon. Family really likes this (actually they REEEAALLY like it when I boil/pick 'em clean and bake in a casserole with bacon laid on top 'till bacon is crispy), but I have been wondering about trying them in the deep fryer, but wonder if they will be too tough? Anyone done it?:thanku:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
pan fried, preffer stewed though

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Pick it off the bone first. Cant wait till squirrel season, Got out the shotgun last week and shot it. It shoots nice Pump 12 ga. I might try deep frying it. But boil it with an onion, after done boiling throw out onion and pick meat off bone, roll in flour or shake and bake mix and deep fry. Mmmmmm!!

·
Old Guy With Old Toys
1,178 Posts
Ahhh, eatin' squirrel can be messy. I like it pan fried and eat it only when I have lots of time to slurp the meat off the bones. Pan fried limb rat.............Oh so good.

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
Bread em and either pan or deep fry like chicken.....TASTY!!!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
You need a nice oak board to start with. Clean the squirrel real good, lay it out on the board and season real good. Bake for 40 min at 350. Remove from oven and then let cool for 5 mins. Then throw the squirrel away and eat the board... .

·
Registered
609 Posts
Lol eat the board. I like to pan fry them myself. Since moving down here I fry a lot, back strap, t loin, heart its all good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts