21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,239 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,442 Posts
Could be a scam
I was thinking the same thing. Too good to be true and up for 11 days. I saw an X595 listed in CT last week for $6000 and I thought that was good.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
A couple of things that I can see in the photos. One he is very lazy and didn't bother to put a rag or tape over the gauge wheels as he sprayed the deck. And two, with those giant hooks on the front and the heavy chain in the rear, it makes me wonder what he has been using it for. If he has overloaded it then maybe the transmission is not up to par but won't show up under normal mowing use. I do not know but it does seem to be too low for one that looks as good as it does cosmetically.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Since I already accidentally hijacked the thread...I called the guy. It's not a scam. Price is firm though.
Sadly, with the china virus putting people out of work, some folks will be looking to sell some of their goodies. If they really need money they will likely price it lower so that it moves out quick. I'm looking to buy a boat and I'm seeing the same thing with boats on Craigslist now.

I've been there... had to sell some tools and stuff at one point several years ago. If you can swing it then I wouldn't be afraid to jump on a good deal.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I think I may have overstepped too. Here is an ad near me on CL that the guy has come down $1500 in less than a month. Might be the reason stated above.
I sold four tractors in about one month until this virus mess hit us. I haven't had a call in two weeks. I am curious about what is going to happen to the people who need a mower when the grass starts growing. In my area, there have been no cases of the virus but we are all doing our part.

·
Premium Member
9,442 Posts
I am curious about what is going to happen to the people who need a mower when the grass starts growing.
I haven't had a Beatles haircut since the 60's, but without being able to get a haircut I may soon!

·
21,713 Posts
And two, with those giant hooks on the front and the heavy chain in the rear, it makes me wonder what he has been using it for. If he has overloaded it then maybe the transmission is not up to par but won't show up under normal mowing use. I do not know but it does seem to be too low for one that looks as good as it does cosmetically.
Front hooks appear to be 1/2" grab hooks and the "heavy" chain at the rear appears to be 1/4" at most. My standard is 3/8" grab hooks and chain to match because that is what I use to tie it down to the trailer for transport.

If it had even the marks in the wheels for wheel weights, chains, loaded tires, and a really big ballast box on the back, then you might have a point about a slim possibility of overload use. It just isn't very likely. The wheels will most often spin before the hydro is overloaded.

Average use, according to the hours, is 40 hours per year. That's enough to mow the lawn and not much else.

Looks like a pampered tractor to me. Good deal!

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
You're probably right Tudor but for me, it looks like it was used for heavy pulling. It does look taken care of because the seat is not torn or cracked. I transport tractors all the time and nylon straps are so easy and there are so many places on any JD to attach them. But I guess if he trailered it weekly this might be a solution but a heavy-handed one. I would never wrap that chain around the frame on any of my tractors because we all know what would happen to the paint as the tractor is driven. I think too that it is a pretty good deal.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts