My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we were contacted by one of the wife's doctor's offices stating that insurance companies no longer covered telephone appointments rather we would have to use Zoom for video calls. She requested we download the app to the cell phone and she would call back with an id # and password for an invite to a video call to see if it worked. The app was downloaded and after numerous tries we were finally able to video chat with her but today when the doctor called with a new id # and password the app did not work; it wouldn't even show the place to enter the new id# or password. We uninstalled and installed the app several time to no avail so we had to schedule a walk-in appointment to their office an hour away in a covid hotspot city.
Has anyone else used the Zoom.US app on an android phone and encountered an issue?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and watched several videos; it seams that we are not the only ones having issues with Zoom once I started searching. When we get to doctor's office I am going to meet with the girl that called and show her what is happening so we may can figure it out, dunno.

·
Super Moderator
29,910 Posts
Unfortunately Zoom has had many issues during COVIDS to include security. I've never used Zoom as we had Skype and Bluejeans videoconferencing and now use Teams with the new company.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks PA318Guy, that's what I figured. Just a funny thought is that the insurance companies are pushing Zoom and if it doesn't work then they don't have to pay out.

·
Super Moderator
29,910 Posts
Thanks PA318Guy, that's what I figured. Just a funny thought is that the insurance companies are pushing Zoom and if it doesn't work then they don't have to pay out.
All these companies push these "free" web-based apps so they don't need any infrastructure, and they don't have any responsibility either if something goes wrong if you use the service. But, you get what you pay for a lot of the time, free doesn't always mean good, secure, or not loaded with ads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts