My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you use and how hard was it. So far I have been unable to find an Onan so I guess I need to watch for others that might work. Rebuilding mine looks to be to expensive. any help or ideas will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Too bad I missed the buy on an Onan last week, I could've sold it to ya.
I was at the guy's house last night who had it, he had an SS16 that blew the motor, he swapped in a 9 horse Honda motor. I didn't really look over it, but it was a pull start and had it's on gas tank on it. He was running without a hood so not sure how that would've fit even though it looked like tons of room in there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't think I want to go that small but I agree it looks like there is lots of room. I have been too late or just not enough money on a few Onans myself.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Does yours have an Onan on it now?If so,you can replace it with a opps.Briggs.Almost a plug an play.Did have to extend pipe on rear cyl.to miss belt.Came out fine,plenty of power.You'll just have to use a grd.to kill eng.instead of opening hot wire to coil.:trink40:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Almost forgot--Briggs had a 1in.shaft,had to use a bushing in order to use exsiting pulley.Used the same belt,etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts