My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is pretty small, but well built. Red with white wooden tailgate. Odd hinge looking straps on tailgate and odd hardware on front bed that probably held the seat board somehow. has a slot in each bed side about halfway and a swiveling pin style tongue. 3 lug wheels.

Attachments

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When I saw the footrests on the tongue, I knew it had to come home with me. The tongue is pretty short, so the handles had to be pretty upright on whatever it fits. Has original faded paint, but I didn't find any maker tag.

Attachments

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went out and looked it over in the morning light after a rain. I still see no ID, but it is orange & white, not red. The bed is only 27" wide & 37" long. It looks nothing like the simplicitys I have seen so far online, and the tongue is a lot shorter than those. The tongue is WAY too thick for normal carts, and it is way to heavily built for common sense. Sounds like Simplicity there too. I thought the swiveling tongue was gravely at first when I thought it was red & white but I think they always use ball hitches in the sulkys.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
I don't know, but that's a pretty cool little cart no matter who made it. :fing32:

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, it is definitely orange & white. The tongue is a small pin on to a tab type hitch, not the Simplicity wide opening style. Any other orange & white old 2 wheelers made? It's possible it was one of those companies like Bolens that made accessories different colors than the tractor. It's possible it was to some other type of 2 wheeler that could take a sulky. My odd Goodall 3 blade self propelled mower has food rests already on the deck, and my Snappin' Turtle self propelled also has a sulky hitch, and both have short handles.
Man, I hope it wasn't for my Toro Whirlwind I junked, but it had a sulky and it was red.
Possibly something like that but I can't think of a single orange & white one besides Simplicity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts