1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this on my reader feed:

318 Tractor Hyrdo drive with 48" deck (Clifton, VA) $150
from DC washington - john deere
The time has come to part with my families John Deere 318.

Here is the good:
Hydrostatic drive
50" cutting deck with working up/down function
electric clutch for lawn blade engagement

Here is the situation:
The mower was parked about 4 years ago. When it was parked, it ran and all features worked. I went to start it about a year ago, and the battery was dead. Upon jumping, the motor wasn't getting fuel. Either the carb is gummed up, or the fuel pump is not functioning. When I sprayed starter fluid into the air filter, the tractor fired right up. So it needs either the little fuel pump, a fuel line, or a carb cleaning and a battery to run again.
There was a little water dripping on the mower in the garage. Due to this, there is a little surface rust on the left fender of the machine.

Otherwise, this mower is in great shape, but will need a little work to run again. I know I won't ever need this tractor, so it's time to let it move on to someone who can get some use out of it.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Yikes I'm glad and sad at the same time that I didn't see it earlier :eek:mg:

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it is gone already. I think my reader feed said it was posted around 10:27AM. It was probably gone by 10:30 LOL I was just hoping one of us got it instead of a parter.

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,223 Posts
That would have been 15 minutes from my house. How come I miss the awesome ones? Crap, what was I doing today around 10:27? I can't remember.

·
Super Moderator
18,662 Posts
That would have been 15 minutes from my house. How come I miss the awesome ones? Crap, what was I doing today around 10:27? I can't remember.
A certain Place must of Frozen Over today if Glockem Missed one that was so Close

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.