My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Like trees and foliage? If so, then yes - I live on the edge of a state forest. Mostly oaks and conifer type trees.

If you mean the mower type then no. Sorry!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Don't have one, but thought them to be nicely made machine, at least on paper. Only one local dealer that did not stock, only special order, so I crossed them off my list when I was looking. Last I knew, the mid-mount ZTRs were re-badged Bob-Cat Zs. The front mounts were rumored to be made by Grasshopper, but I don't think this is true.

If front mount is a requirement, check out either the Gravely Rapid XZ, or Exmark Frontrunner, although I heard/read a rumor that Exmark may drop theirs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have a Woods. It is an older Mow N Machine(dumb name). It is tougher than woodpecker lips, but I am having some engine trouble. It is a frount mount, and I think they are made by Hesston, didnt' know they were still in business. Not sure who makes grasshopper, but I don't think they are the same company.
E.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have added that I don't understand mid-mount ZTR mowers. It seems the only advantage would be the ztr. The front mount gets under stuff and makes trimming less of a job. The mid-mount wouldn't save any time trimming around low hanging trees and such, would it?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I should have added that I don't understand mid-mount ZTR mowers. It seems the only advantage would be the ztr. The front mount gets under stuff and makes trimming less of a job. The mid-mount wouldn't save any time trimming around low hanging trees and such, would it?
I think the main draw, especially to lawn care pros, of a mid-mount is the ability to fit more of 'em on a trailer. Also, I found them to be less $$ by about $2k.

Of course a front mount, at least the Woods or the Grasshopper, is more versatile in that they can quickly and easily change from the mower deck, to a dozer blade, to a snowblower, to a sweeper, to an aerator, to a ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts