My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering going to the Gravely mow-in in Delaware the following weekend. The pictures of past ones showed a lot of stuff to look at/trade/buy. I'd like to tow down a trailer of my Gravely stuff and bring back a trailer of other peoples Gravely stuff:thThumbsU . Is anyone else planning on attending? Has anyone here been to past ones? I've included a link to the site:

http://www.gravelytractorclub.org/mow-in.html

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I might attend next years. A little closer to home.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that Conn. next year? This years would be a little under 4 hours for me. I've actually made that run many times. It's not bad, I just wish it were Sat. and Sun.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
yeah, CT next year. About 1/2 the distance or less for me.

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
I haven't been to one since Mansfield OH - and missed the one in Indiana a couple years back. They always seem to be held so far East of where I'm at - other than the Brillion WI one a few years back. Hope everyone that goes has a great time! Hopefully y'all bought tickets for that nice raffle tractor giveaway...........

·
Registered
190 Posts
My wife and I will be there Friday. Yes I have some tickets for the drawing.

My toys

5665 w/ 30 deck
26 inch snowblower
36 inch Fail mower
sulk with a padded seat
432 with 50" deck
snow plow
816 w/ hydraulics
50" deck
snow plow
8102 w/
50" deck
8123 w/ hydraulics
16G w/ hydraulics
50" deck
this unit is almost done with complete restoration.

Promaster 300/60" deck

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
That is one sweet looking machine (raffle tractor) - almost too nice to do any work with! I think a guy named Shawn Kohlbus has been responsible for the raffle tractor for the last couple of years. I threw a few dollars in the hat as well, as I'm certain dozens of other people did.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
That is one sweet looking machine (raffle tractor) - almost too nice to do any work with! I think a guy named Shawn Kohlbus has been responsible for the raffle tractor for the last couple of years. I threw a few dollars in the hat as well, as I'm certain dozens of other people did.
thats the guy who makes the stumpgrinders.

there raffle tractors are always too pretty to use. But I'd still take one!

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
It's actually a guy named Brian Jennings that's been working on the Mow-In raffle tractors for the last few years - he's done a nice job with each one. I see that Ron Camareta has posted some Mow-In pics on his "gravely yard" website, but I haven't seen any others yet. I know that the raffle tractor drawing was suppose to be around 2PM today (Sat) - and I didn't get a call at home - darn.........................

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm definetely going to the CT one with my nice tractor and lots of parts! Should be fun.

·
Super Moderator
31,824 Posts
I went to the one in Rhinebeck back in 03. Had a good time there. Lots of cool odd ball stuff I have not seen before. [got a chance to see one of those Gravely engines with the overhead valves on it.. real cool setup!!!]

May try to make it to next years one. thats not to far away for me.

·
Super Moderator
31,824 Posts
Strange to see a "Late Model" tractor as the raffle!. You can tell how old a company is, when a tractor that old is called a "Late Model" :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts