My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BANNED
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My two sons and I went yesterday to Armco park and caught a crappie (8") and a ton of bluegill. After that we went to a friends farm pond and wow we caught over 100 bluegill and a few LM bass, by then boatfixer had joined us and he caught the biggest bass. We didnt get any pics or weights, but we will next time. i didn't take the camera because I didn't think we would catch anything.

We had a blast!!

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,982 Posts
Me and my buddy been hitting the local river system with the canoe. Been hitting fair numbers of chain pickerel and LM bass. Nothing over 2 lbs. though. The weather has been up and down all month. Most were taken on Mepps Black Fury's, some on plastic. Things are starting to heat up with Stripers and there have been some Weakfish taken recently.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Went to the farm today, caught 1-14" LM bass, bunch of smaller ones & small bluegill. Nice day here partly cloudy & not much wind.

Haven't got the pontoon unwrapped yet, maybe next week.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,370 Posts
Thinking about going to Northern WI end of the month. Spend a couple days there. More for the get-away than the fish. No big fish in the lake, but lots of northerns, good restaurants, and good socializing. Then, about the same time, our first grandson will be born. Fun times.

·
16,672 Posts
Wish I had the time right now!!:praying:

Love to fish!!

Thanks everyone--for the pictures...

·
Registered
383 Posts
No fishing yet for me - July 26th - Yearly 2 day Deep Sea For Bottomfish - hoping for a hook up on a big Ling Cod! Or a Halibut - but I like eating cod more.

Being here on the West Coast, I have some great fishing, but have always wanted to come back East and do some Ice Fishing in one of those cool heated huts. I can drink a Kahlua and coffee, and watch a fishing pole at the same time! :trink40:

Best Fishes!

Sheila

·
16,672 Posts
I like the salt-water side of it more, myself--ocean side, or at least tidal water--

And lets go for the blues/rockfish--or way out __Tuna/ Marlin/Dophin
(Maui-Maui)...
now in the early summer--some fine eating on some big flounder up close where the sand breaks..
.And some play time--surf fishing--just trying to nab some decent sized sand sharks that will fight--just hard on your rigs...Cut them off-
-
Or maybe some good sized spot for 'cut-bait'

Come on--June!!:praying:

·
Registered
352 Posts
My son went to the river Saturday evening and came home with 4 cats .... a channel cat 2 1/2 lb, a 6 lb blue cat, and two flathead's 8 lbs and 32 lbs. Didn't even invite me to go .....

Attachments

·
16,672 Posts
Man--you all are killing me....:crybaby:

Seriously--love those pictuires--Show what you got!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I just got back from East Grand Lake in Maine. Caught some landlock salmon, brook trout, and 1 small mouth.

A good time was had by all

·
Registered
166 Posts
I went bluegill fishin last thursday at a local lake, first time this year, I got a bite and gave a tug, and thought I had a whopper on the other end, but reeled in a big painted turtle, I tried like heck to get the hook out of his beak, but every time he either bit my pliers, or slipped his head back in his shell to where I couldnt get to him without hurting him more than I already had by hookin him, so I just cut the line and let him go. Oh, and I caught two bluegill. think I might have missed the spawn this year, or maybe it hasn't come yet, I could see the cratered spawning beds under the water easily, all over the place, but no gills on them anywhere. and they looked like they had silt on the gravel in them, not clean like when they are tending them, so hopefully, things will get better as the water warms up more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts