My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
15,000 +posts!
19,712 Posts
Here is a few pictures of state of the art wood heating devices sold by Sears,from a reprint of a 1908 catalog I have...(sorry my scanner skills are lame,the book hardly fits in it!)..

There is a "drum oven" attachment,that you can bake bread and other goodies in,it has a barrel within a barrel,and the smoke goes in between both of them...this is what gave me the idea of adding the barrel to my stove pipe--but I offset the inlet and outlet pipes..

Then there is the "Acme" heat radiator attachment...(wonder if Wile E.Coyote bought his Acme stuff from Sears ?)...

There is a whole chapter of various wood stoves in this catalog,ranging from very beautiful fancy ones,and even a cheap "tin" one for 69 cents!--kerosene stoves & heaters too..lots of other interesting stuff in it too--firearms,knives,watches,musical instruments,and a ton of other cool stuff..

Personally I'd rather be warm in front of my ugly wood stove--when it comes to heat,looks aren't everything!..:D

Attachments

·
aceman
337 Posts
well in Canada these reclaimed are a big no no on wood stove gee we can't have damper either ,the new efficient stove do all the work here ,yes they are cost a lot more to have but they work great and used a lot less wood to heat ,I surprise that your stove for wood burning are not w e t certified this is the new set up here and makes wood burning very safe ,easy to control ,I know that K y isn't a big heating area as compare to us here in the north but wood burning has to be safe here before anything else insurance are very demanding and require heavy rules to wood burning ,also you don't hear about fire any more too in this area

·
Blank Space
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Anybody feel like brainstorming? If we came up with something salable, we could all be rich!

Going with the 5 gallon bucket idea, add a coil of some kind, maybe from a chiller, or even a small radiator mounted inside the bucket, but out of the direct flue/smoke path. Connect that to another small radiator outside the bucket. Add a small circulation pump and fill the system with mineral oil or antifreeze. Add a small fan behind the external radiator to pass air through it.

The fluid would heat as it passed though the internal coil and transfer heat to the external coils where the warmer air would be moved by the fan.

Stupid, eh?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts