My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Murph
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How to tell the year of a 54 inch blade?

Looking for a serial number chart or other ways so I can figure out which one of my blades is the newest.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
The ser. # can help post it and I will look it up in my blade manual. Other clues the early blade like mine had the lockout for the trip on top a J pin type then the style with the lockout on the side a T handle. First style had brass tag, second gen. was aluminum tag, then decal type from then till now. BILL

·
Murph
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The ser. # can help post it and I will look it up in my blade manual. Other clues the early blade like mine had the lockout for the trip on top a J pin type then the style with the lockout on the side a T handle. First style had brass tag, second gen. was aluminum tag, then decal type from then till now. BILL
Thanks Bill, that pretty much explains it as one of my blades has the j handle and the other has the t handle, other than that they look exactly the same. If you were going to keep one which would it be? Not sure about the tags, I'll have to go out and look at them and serial numbers tomorrow, I'm still curious approximately what year they are.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Regardless of age I would keep the one in better cond take a good look at all the weld's and how straight the moldboard is mine was straight but the weld's were broke in several places and the pedestal was very rusty. It took a lot of work to bring it back but it was a freebie so it was worth it and it cleaned up good. Also how are the cylinder's and hoses ? They are $$$ and you could alway's keep the best of both on the blade you decide to keep the mount and cyl.-hoses are the same only the moldboard was changed. Just a few thing's to consider repairing one can add up quick. BILL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.