My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 105 that is sitting and I might be able to buy it in the near future. I was wondering if there was any way at all to get at least a little idea of what shape the hydro is in. It would not roll, even with the hydro release lever on "Release" and the hydro lever on "N". The release lever felt loose as if it was not engaging or disengaging at all. Motor turned and acted as if it had compression. Tractor is in pretty good shape.

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
Jack up the tractor and take you drill with a socket extension. Use the drill to turn the tranny and check it out... Most trannys have a bolt on the tranny drive pulley that will take a socket.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I'd guess the brake is stuck as it will not roll even with the hydro release active. So in addition to Kevin's drill, bring a couple of stout screwdrivers with you to loosen up the brake disc.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Pull the trans tunnel cover off. The release lever is probably broken, it happened to me on my WF 129. You can use some magnets to push down on the release valve plungers to keep your other hands free.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Jack up the tractor and take you drill with a socket extension. Use the drill to turn the tranny and check it out... Most trannys have a bolt on the tranny drive pulley that will take a socket.
A cub 105 has a driveshaft between the motor and the hydro pump.....no pulleys or bolts you can turn with a drill.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'd guess the brake is stuck as it will not roll even with the hydro release active. So in addition to Kevin's drill, bring a couple of stout screwdrivers with you to loosen up the brake disc.
It could be the brakes are stuck, but I doubt it. Usually the plungers on the top of the release valves get rusted and stick or the flap between the release lever and the valve breaks off.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Pull the trans tunnel cover off. The release lever is probably broken, it happened to me on my WF 129. You can use some magnets to push down on the release valve plungers to keep your other hands free.
I wish it was that easy. Narrow frame don't have the removable tunnel cover like the WF's The dash tower has to come off so you can remove the tunnel to get at the valves.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It could be the brakes are stuck, but I doubt it. Usually the plungers on the top of the release valves get rusted and stick or the flap between the release lever and the valve breaks off.
he lever fet as if it was no longer connected to anything so I assume the flap that you refer to is broken.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
....and now I begin to see why they tout how the WFs are easier to work on....

·
22,354 Posts
Pull the driveshaft and turn the hydro like Kbeitz said.

That's the only way to evaluate it short of disassembly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts