My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have you all done to mow higher than 3"? Suggestions are greatly appreciated. I see where a member replaced his rollers and contemplated extending their attachment brackets.
The 48" deck is from a late 90's Sovereign model 1693418
Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I did the roller thing. I would not go any higher... The before and after are pretty huge. I think you would lose the cut any higher...

·
Registered
120 Posts
You might look into putting on bigger tractor wheels. Just a thought.
Rear tires have no effect on the deck, larger front tires would raise the front of the deck, but not the back.

On my Sovereign, when I raise the deck to it's maximum heught of 3-1/8", the belts barely clear everthing. Model 886 48" deck on 74 3416h Sovereign, different idlers, but I would raise your deck all the way and take a close look before changing anything.

Larger tires and longer arms holding the roller bar could increase height, but you would get a corresponding change in the minimum cutting height as well, plus the front tires tend to rub on the drag link as it is.

My recomendation would be a tow behind finishing mower or a rear mount brush hog. (Assuming price is no object!!!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts