My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know where I may find new "throttle cables" and "choke" cables for my jake? It's a 1967 1200 Super Chief Hydro. Also, all the electrical components like starter solonoind (circled in yellow) what I believe is the light switch (circled in blue)? Also does anyone know what the square thing is that you can see below the amp meter with the green arrow pointing to it? It has 3 prongs coming out of the side of it with wires going to it. Right now the tractor is at my dads so I cant go look at it easily to figure it out.

Also I found a rebuild kit for my carb but I am having a hard time looking for the fuel pump, any ideas?

·
MTF senior member
203 Posts
Hey jay,the square thing under the ammeter is a voltage regulator,now that I think about it you might be able to find some of the electricle components through ebay,not being a Jacobsen part but perhaps under the modle of your engine,anyways if you have to much trouble finding them you could probably just go down to the local auto parts store and ask them,these parts being basic components in a 12volt rechargeing system. As for the throttle cable I would try to ask the guy in the craigslist add I left on one of your other threads,if he dosent have it than you might be able to take a longer throttle cable and cut it down to the length you need.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Isn't that white blob at the lower left of your pic the fuel tank? If so, then you probably don't have a fuel pump. Otherwise I suggest you hunt a little on the web for a parts diagram of your years Jake. It makes repairs go much easier.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isn't that white blob at the lower left of your pic the fuel tank? If so, then you probably don't have a fuel pump. Otherwise I suggest you hunt a little on the web for a parts diagram of your years Jake. It makes repairs go much easier.
I have downloaded and printed off the owners manual for the Jake and the service manual for the Kohler. They provide alot of info. The engine does have a fuel pump as seen here in this pic

what i meant was I have had a hard time finding a rebuild kit for the fuel pump but have since found other options as it seems they go witha non rebuildable plastic fuel pump now.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yes, old metal pumps NLA from Kohler unless you find old stock. Kits have stopped too. Napa is supposed to have the plastic replacements, but be careful of the barbed fittings on it. They won't take much force to break off. Guess kit has a few sizes of them in it if you do. I'ld use new rubber lines that will go on easier when you change it. Tank has to be above carb a ways to gravity feed. I've heard of guys doing that and would end up stopping before tank was empty, when the gas was lower/same level as what carb bowl would have at fill of bowl. No more incoming gas. They also have pumps that go on inlet of carb and fuel line, but run off the crankcrase pressure change. It has a lead to the crankcase vent to get that pressure difference with piston movement.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Jay most of what you were asking about are all very common items I'm not sure why you're having a hard time finding them, the black box is a voltage regulator the switch is very easy to find any auto parts or TSC store has them same with the solenoid ?

Am I missing something ?

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp...ultView&ip_categoryId=&ip_mode=&ip_perPage=20

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp...ultView&ip_categoryId=&ip_mode=&ip_perPage=20

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp...ip_datauiCommand=&ip_tid=&ip_wcsCompareItems=

Ron

·
16,814 Posts
Yes, old metal pumps NLA from Kohler unless you find old stock. Kits have stopped too. Napa is supposed to have the plastic replacements, but be careful of the barbed fittings on it. They won't take much force to break off. Guess kit has a few sizes of them in it if you do. I'ld use new rubber lines that will go on easier when you change it. Tank has to be above carb a ways to gravity feed. I've heard of guys doing that and would end up stopping before tank was empty, when the gas was lower/same level as what carb bowl would have at fill of bowl. No more incoming gas. They also have pumps that go on inlet of carb and fuel line, but run off the crankcrase pressure change. It has a lead to the crankcase vent to get that pressure difference with piston movement.
I found a souce for the rebuild kits last year at Wheelhorse shgow--PM me if you need the info still...

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
If you found a reliable source for pump kits please share.

Ron
Ron, here is a site that was listed under the Round table that I happened to find on the web about Wheel Horse Kohler pump kits. His price for the kit has since dropped to about $23.00. Here's the website: http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?p=1301844

The thread date in the Round table discussion is April 5, 2010, 12:49 pm. Subsequent threads follow and here's the link that is supplied in the thread: http://www.maritimedragracing.com/antique_...arts_cellar.htm

Either link should give you what you need to know to order a kit for your ailing Kohler pump. Good Luck.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Guys, I have a Cole Hersee Co. catalog that has most switches and gizmos I have ever found, some specific to brands, many not. Has great pix of each item, good descriptions. I have taken the numbers to my auto store and they had some in stock, or can order overnight many times. Catalog is free.
www.colehersee.com gets you to the site. Don't think you can buy direct, need to go to dealer/shops. I got my Catalog free at a tractor show this summer. Good deal! Think they show about anything available, including just the plastic wire ends and other odd items.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts