My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to convert my 38" factory mulch deck to a regular deck with high lift gator blades. Any issues?

The mulch deck is just too height sensitive. Cutting once a week results in clumps with a clean deck and sharp blades. I'm not cutting more often.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Is your current deck a regular deck with a tricycler kit installed...or a dedicated mulching deck with no discharge opening.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has a chute. The baffles and added guides are bolt in, or should be, so tricycler kit. It just came that way already installed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
For years I switched my LX176 38" deck back and forth from non-mulching to mulching kit. I finally took off the mulching baffle and left it as a plain jane 38" deck with high lift blades about ten years ago. As I recall, taking the outlet baffle assembly off was all that was required to return to normal deck mode. I later took the mulching blades off for high lift blades as I pull a Jrco bagger cart during leaf season. Last year I put Meg-Mo blades on the deck and it provided equivalent mulching effect to the original Tri-Cycler kit without clumping. It also chopped-up the tree leaves during leaf season to where the Jrco was holding about 40% more leaf matter. This was a big help.
Bill in NC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts