My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering whats wrong on my deck that the belt was rubbing the guards on both sides it rubbed of bout' an inch on the one

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have a 135 and have'nt noticed anything but have not removed the deck yet but when I do I 'll let you know

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an LA135 and had read where others have had this issue as well...where the belt rubs a section out of the belt guard. Apparently it is a design flaw from what I understand.

I've run my 135 for about 7 hours, but at about 4 or so, I decided to give the deck a good once over and found that after only 4 hours, my belt guards did indeed have these areas rubbed away by the belt.

I figure that the damage is already done, and now that the grooves are worn, there's probably not much to worry about.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya that's about when I noticed that mine was rubbing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
There had been a thread, either here, or TBN, or Gardenweb about this subject. I really don't remember which forum it was. You might do a search on each for LA135. If I remember, they didn't include the SE part in their title.

You should likely let your dealer know about the problem, and have it documented just in case of further issues.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, there are two known solutions provided by Deere to help resolve the problem.

One involves placing a standard metal belt guide (L-shaped with dimple) about three inches in front of the plastic shield (in line with belt),and the other solution involves removing the plastic shield altogether and substituting it with three of the L-guides.

Both procedures require drilling obviously.

Contact your local Deere dealership and inquire about the installation refering to DTAC number 79313 if the conversation with them doesn't jog a memory.

Good luck.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I know this thread is old but my 135's belt has also worn away the plastic guards. I sent a email to Deere and asked if they would replace the belt under warranty if it fails prematurely. I will update the response they send.

c1tobor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts