My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ran Stihl and Husqvarna saws all my life and had great luck with them. I just bought a new CS 71 saw but haven't gotten my hands on it yet. All of the reviews I have read and most of the discussion in arborist type groups has been people raving about them ( or at least pretty positive) I was wondering how many people here have ran the newer ones and what you thought ? I know the earlier ones that were made by Homelite or whomever were pretty much junk. Thanks

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I hate to be the barer of bad news but JD is no longer going to carry that line
of saws. Don't get me wrong they're good saws made in Italy by Emac I believe
they just didn't sell very well. My JD dealer is still trying to get rid of a few.

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
I read somewhere that the last JD saws were made by Efco in Italy. They're supposed to be pretty good.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I knew started with an "E" I just couldn't remember which one it was:

http://www.efcopower.com/

They are good stuff but if I had the JD model I would hope that parts are
interchangeable.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yes, I bought a cs46 back in '03. I have ran the heck outa mine, with very little trouble. The throttle trigger is a little finicky, other than that I've replaced the spark plug once, on my 3rd bar/chain, just replaced the drive sprocket.

This little saw has treated me well (20 + cords-a-year). But, I also treat my saw(s) very well.
I contribute the long life with good maintance; clean air filter and clean saw.
I also did a muffler modification, which really made it "wake-up" plus it keeps cylinder temps down.

I don't run it as much as I used to. Went to a bigger saws for the wood I've been cuttin. stihl 036 pro, husky 394xp

If you need any parts check out, [email protected]
They'll fix you up!:thThumbsU And they sell the efco line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts