My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forums and redoing older gt's. I have an old gilson, and have no idea where to find info on it. Many web searches and haven't found squat. The engine is a 15 hp? briggs. At least thats what I was told about 5 years ago when I bought it. How you see it is how I bought it, the seat was lost somewhere along the way. It did run, pulled like a tank, til some water got in the float bowl and crushed the brass float a few winters ago. Some forgetful person forgot to drain it, oh wait, that was me. It's been sitting, waiting for me to do something with it, and I figure it's about time. Don't know the original color, the guy I bought if from repainted it and put those sweet mailbox letters on it. I have seen similar bodies in blue and white and red and white. This is the only pic I have at the moment, if other angles are needed, let me know, I'll get some up. Thanks for reading!

·
Oldbie
1,605 Posts
Nice tractor project. I hate to be a "buzz-kill" but you have posted it in the
wrong section. This section is for Toro and Wheel horse tractors.
Not many of us know about Gilson.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice tractor project. I hate to be a "buzz-kill" but you have posted it in the
wrong section. This section is for Toro and Wheel horse tractors.
Not many of us know about Gilson.
Toro bought Gilson out. Figured this would be the obvious place to post.

·
Registered
538 Posts
You might want to check in the Ford forum too . Gilson made some tractors for Ford:thThumbsU

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
15hp briggs, 3 or 4 speed with reverse, i think it has a variable speed transmission.. nice heavy duty garden tractor.. mid 70's

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
15hp briggs, 3 or 4 speed with reverse, i think it has a variable speed transmission.. nice heavy duty garden tractor.. mid 70's
You win a cigar!! This is a 3 speed variable. When it was running, it was an absolute tank. It would pull my truck all around the yard, didn't even grunt. The mower deck was only on it a very short while, it was completely shot, many large holes rusted in it, so thin it couldn't hold the towers straight, so it went the way of the dodo bird.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Gilson also made tractors for sears an monkey wards too. You might find more info over at the sears/craftsman forum here

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gilson also made tractors for sears an monkey wards too. You might find more info over at the sears/craftsman forum here
yeah, I have a newer wards gilson, hydrostatic with hydro lift

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You win a cigar!! This is a 3 speed variable. When it was running, it was an absolute tank. It would pull my truck all around the yard, didn't even grunt. The mower deck was only on it a very short while, it was completely shot, many large holes rusted in it, so thin it couldn't hold the towers straight, so it went the way of the dodo bird.
I'm a dunce, was out tinkering with it today, it's a 4 speed variable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts