My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
pic 1861
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to find out if anyone has heard of or seen a mower that fits this description. I have not seen it but this is what the man told me about it. It is a Murray, 42" cut with a Tec. motor and is paited White in color. I have been looking on this forum for one but have not found it. He did not say if it had a color change or if this is the origenal color.

Thanks
Tim

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
If it is white, it is not factory paint. Murrays throught the years were orange [way back], candy apple red, dark forest green, black, fire engine red and teal and for a few units silver.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Is this a machine you are looking to buy? Post a picture if/when possible and I'll be able to give you a lot more info.

boneyard

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Murray put Tecumseh's on some of their models but mostly briggs. I have a Tecumseh model.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
It would have to have been a rebadged Murray in the retailers colors for it to have been originally white. A recent find I had, was this no name (possibly Kmart was retailer) with a white hood. Circa 1984.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
If you go WAY back you could have orange and white. IMHO they should have stuck with this scheme.

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
It would have to have been a rebadged Murray in the retailers colors for it to have been originally white. A recent find I had, was this no name (possibly Kmart was retailer) with a white hood. Circa 1984.
whats the news on that one hank?

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
It is listed in Craigslist, as we speak, got two interested in it. I did a hi-pressure wash on it today, and put a shine on it after that. Fixed the broken battery cover. Asking $350 for it, OBO!

·
pic 1861
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot guys. that was what I was of the opinion of. It looks like the fellow I was talking with was just getting my leg wet. He said he would be back today, but have not heard from him. This is shuch a shock to me!!
Thanks again
Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts