My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to build a dolly for the fabricated deck on my tractor to live on over the winter.

Here is a sample - mine is 52" version. Was wondering what size/load casters I should put on the dolly. It will be resting on it's side.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
No idea what it weighs,but you should be able to balance it up on end on your bathroom scale to weigh it.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
If we'er talking 4 casters,I think 4in.metal ones with solid rubber tires,will do nicely.That's what I got on a moveable work table,and I put whole riding mower frames on it.:trink40:

·
22,347 Posts
Most bathroom scales go to 350 lb. THAT is most definitely not over 350 lb. Maybe as high as 150 lb, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I need to build a dolly for the fabricated deck on my tractor to live on over the winter.

Here is a sample - mine is 52" version. Was wondering what size/load casters I should put on the dolly. It will be resting on it's side.
I'm guessing around 150-200 lbs . Is that a deck you fabricated ?

Mike

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
4 of these from HF will do nicely.

• Home /
  • 4" Cast Iron/Molded Rubber Swivel Caster

Email to a Friend

Click on image to zoom

4" Cast Iron/Molded Rubber Swivel Caster

Item # 38710

Only: $6.99
Sale: $5.99

Qty:

Availability: In stock
Leaves the warehouse in 1-2 business days.

Shipping
View Shipping Rates
Economy Ground & Express Shipping available.
(Exclusions may apply)

Customer Rating:

Be the first to
Write a Review

Description Heavy duty, impact-resistant caster features cushioned rubber tread bonded to a cast iron core.

• Works on rough, chip-littered floors, oil and grease
  • Won't crack with a heavy load
  • Perfect for automotive shops, warehouses, industrial work and factories
  • Working temperature range: -45° to +160°
  • Weight capacity: 330 lbs.
Top plate dimensions: 3-5/8" x 2-3/8" Slotted bolt hole spacing: 2-7/8" x 1-3/4" 3/8" diameter bolt with nut and washer. Wheel size: 4" Load height: 5" Shipping Weight: 2.96 lbs.

SpecificationsWarrantyCustomer Reviews

Customers Who Bought This Also Bought

1. 4" Cast Iron/Molded Rubber Rigid Caster Only:$5.99

2. 5" Cast Iron/Molded Rubber Swivel Caster Only: $7.99
    Sale: $6.99

3. Mover's Dolly Only: $14.99
    Sale: $9.99

·
TECH Exchange Contributor!
582 Posts
I would guess around 150 lbs as well.
I have a 54" Simplicity Legacy deck which is around 250 lbs and that is by far one of the most solid decks I have seen. And it includes the heavy duty gear box as it is a shaft driven deck. The 60" version of the deck is 300 lbs.

An idea for storing decks is to build a dolly that stands them up so they take up less floor space. It is also a great way of standing them up for cleaning.

You can see an example on this thread or the picture below.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I built one very similar to yours. I didn't need the stop in the front, my front roller is very narrow and rests on the inside of the frame instead

1 - 9 of 9 Posts