My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i sold some stuff that had been lying around for months and i'd like to use that cash to get some tires since my tractor (see sig) still has the original set on it (yep, 24 years old, dried out and not holding air for more than 24 hrs).

stockers are: 23x10.5-12 rear, 16x6.5-8 fronts

rear: looking into ATV tires and ags and i'd like to get larger than stock tires but i'm not sure how far i can push it without getting into the fenders, especially since i plan on running chains pretty much full time.

fronts: i'd like to get some tri-ribs but that may be beyond my budget so i'm open to suggestions on other alternatives to the turf tires.

basically, i'm looking for a deal. my rims look like they are in good shape (can never be sure until i take the current tires off but in any event i'm looking for tires only)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Miller Tires has their Firestone 26X12X12's for 110.00 each........they will need a tube in them but that is a GOOD deal on Firestones. And right now they are running a special on 50% off of shipping costs.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Stop n Go tires has Carlisle Tru Powers 26x12x12 for $103 each with free shipping

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Check into Greater Cleveland Tire. I got some Deestone Ags 23x10.50x12 shipped to me for $144 including tax since I live in Ohio and they are also. Granted, your off brand may run a little shorter or skinnier than advertised, but I can deal with it over price of name brand. They do carry the Deestone in 26x12x12 and also carry the Kenda Chevron lub in 24x12/12.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
solved the search for the rears - turns out craigslist had a nice deal on two almost new carlisle alltrails.

still looking for fronts. leading candidates are deestone tri ribs 4.00-8 (so far greater cleveland tire has best price), trying to figure out if i will need tubes or not at the moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.