My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any feedback on the Cub Cadet SC2400's? Searched the Cub forum but not much there. Got a flyer in the mail, found out I had a local dealer and gave him a call. He was very unimpressed as all these mailings were sent out in our area and he hasn't gotten any info on them from his cub rep?
Anyway, just wondering how they would compare to the two machines I've narrowed down to, Massey GC 2410/2610 and the JD 2305. Man, this tractor buying is worse than specing trucks. All the manufacturers have a feature that I really like but none of them have it all :fing20:

Also wondering: since John Deere and the Cub are both made by Yanmar, the JD has a higher lift capacity on the 3 pt and the Massey is way higher than both. Is there really that much of a difference, or is it all marketing hype, or perhaps a different way each manufacturer measures?
Should I be concerned the Cub only has a single hydraulic cylinder for the bucket curl?
Lastly, I've seen pics of the Cub with a BH but there are none shown on their web site?

Thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Cub has been in and out of the compact tractors with different builders in years past. The question is where will they be in years to come. others you mention are much better at putting together the package you want and will be there with parts and service when you need it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Yes, that was a good write up Blind Ref. I know what you're saying about being there in the long run, but everyone who has dealt with the local green/orange dealer has had nothing good to say about him? So it's either go green and get poor service now, drive a long way for red or take a chance on a Cub. I was and am still leaning towards red, but if the price is right on the Cub and I hear some good feedback it is an option.

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Paystar oh yea I agree. Dealer makes a huge difference. Im very fortunate
to have such a great dealer.:goodl:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Jimmyjo, you sure nailed that one. I went to the local cub dealer today to see if they got any other info yet and :biglaugh: :biglaugh: they said they just severed their ties with Cub Cadet :fing20: Guess I can rule that one out.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
These new Cub Yanmars maybe great little tractors. But with all of the other problems CC had with their other compact tractors, it's going to take a long time to get the bad taste out of the previous owners mouths. slkpk

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, there're a nice looking tractor with some nice features (especially the factory heated cab on a sub-compact), but now I don't have any dealer around to actually see or try one. All I know is it would have had to have been at a considerably lower price than red or green to get my name on the ownership. Maybe there IS a reason you don't see one in every driveway:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts