My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the sticky said - "this is the c.u.t. section, not lawn mower..."

I wonder if all the 7000 series owners have ditched them for other brands. And I wonder if the ***4 models put Cub out of the tractor business for the lack of a replacement pto clutch (electric).

I recently bought an actual 7000. VERY basic machine with box blade and tiller. SO far I'm lovin' it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have a 7194, quite a bit of power for the size. Have a 5' finish mower, 52" tiller, loader and log splitter I use on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, good to hear I'm not all alone :)
I never expected a large number of owners to visit here, but it wasn't until I bought a 7000 and started looking around at "for sale classified ads" to realize, these things are apparently few and far between. Or at least anyone who has one doesn't want to let go of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TractorData(.com) says yours was built from 1996-1997 though I wouldn't count on that. The same website shows mine (7000) was built 1998-2003 but I called Cub Cadet with my serial number and they told me it was mfg'd in 1997 so who knows?

I'd like to have found an affordable 4wd version but after using this one for a while with R1 ag tires, I've found if it's so wet I can't get traction, then it's to wet to move dirt anyway.
And from what I have been able to find online, all the 4wd models either had industrial or turf tires. Most of the models use different wheel sizes for different types of tires so changing to R1 tires would require different wheels - which appear to be impossible to find, even new ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts