My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, I received a phone call from Antram's reminding me that the Annual tractor Show and Swap-meet was happening Saturday, Sept 4th. Then, I received my copy of the Gravely Gazette for the Gravely Tractor Club of America and there was an ad stating the same, Sept 4th in Somerset PA. Yippie! But that only leaves me 11 days to load up the truck and trailer. Uh oh! I better get to work.

Now is the time to start sending in your wish lists for those of us that will be hauling treasure to the swap-meet!

And don't forget, Antram's is a Gravely dealer that sell at a disount! They have lots of hard to find parts and the big heavy stuff you don't want to pay shipping on.

Ron "See ya there!" C :bannana::woohoo1:
Mount Airy. Maryland

www.gravelyyard.com

Gravely Tractor Club of America: www.gravelytractorclub.org

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
I just became a GTCOA member and received my first issue of Gravely Gazette today. What a great publication. Planning to try to make it down to the swap at Antram's. Somebody bring me an MA-210 blower and some front rider wheel weights please. Have to get the herd ready for winter.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I sure wish that I could make it. My wife just got laid off from her job, so I don't think that this would be a good time to try to go. :hide:

·
Super Moderator
12,814 Posts
We'll be in Hudson OH visiting my wife's sister and family. Three hours from Hudson to Somerset as/per mapquest. I think I might be missed in the six plus hour time frame. I was hoping it would be closer. :(

·
Good Times!
236 Posts
We'll be in Hudson OH visiting my wife's sister and family. Three hours from Hudson to Somerset as/per mapquest. I think I might be missed in the six plus hour time frame. I was hoping it would be closer. :(
Stop using mapquest and start using GoogleMaps and you'll gain time EVERY time! lol.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most of the vendors are milling about by 7am. But there is new stuff coming in pretty much all day. People start coming to look around 8. It starts to tapper off after about 3 or 4. We usualy leave about 4 or 5.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would love to go to something like that, but it is waaaaaaay tooo far north for me to drive. Wish there was something like it in the South East.

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
I'll be looking for a front drive kit for the 816S ... doubt I'll see one at this distance! :banghead3

I hope everyone enjoys and the axle extensions, scoops, steering brakes, etc are plentiful and affordable!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Its probably because its new to me but, I live 8 to 9 hours away and I'm thinking of giving up my tickets to the opening game of Notre Dame and Purdue to go. I might be a little obsest though because I'm new.

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Its probably because its new to me but, I live 8 to 9 hours away and I'm thinking of giving up my tickets to the opening game of Notre Dame and Purdue to go. I might be a little obsest though because I'm new.
It's normal. If I wasn't in the middle of some high profile paving projects, and we were making any money, I'd be making the trip. Unfortunately, the economy and working in construction has caused my toy funds to dwindle. The distance would mean a hotel room, etc... and there would be nothing left to spend!

As I said before! For all that get to go... enjoy not only the equipment but the fellowship!

·
Registered
463 Posts
It's normal. If I wasn't in the middle of some high profile paving projects, and we were making any money, I'd be making the trip. Unfortunately, the economy and working in construction has caused my toy funds to dwindle. The distance would mean a hotel room, etc... and there would be nothing left to spend!

As I said before! For all that get to go... enjoy not only the equipment but the fellowship!

I feel yourpain. We have a commecial landscape contracting business. Housing was down last year but, commercial construction was going good. Housing's up a little this year and for the fist 6 to 7 months commercial was way down. Either way everyone here at home and I imagine at your region is bidding with little or no profit. We continue to use the same trucks and equipment and buy used now but I think, if we keep this practice up we will need another mechanic. I hope were not going the wrong directions with the older stuff. I went through the 1979 - 1981 which obviously wasn't as bad but, it put a lot of weaker companies out of business. When things got good again, business was great because of less competition. Good luck though the recession.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
And for those who can't make Antram's, don't forget the first weekend in Oct is the Gravely swap meet at the WV Farm Museum in Pt Pleasant, WV.

·
who?
201 Posts
things are looking good for me and my wife to join. under 6 hr drive, will be hitting a hotel fri pm, and heading home early afternoon-ish.
Hope to meet some people.....

·
Banned
647 Posts
And for those who can't make Antram's, don't forget the first weekend in Oct is the Gravely swap meet at the WV Farm Museum in Pt Pleasant, WV.
Someone needs to start a separate thread about that in maybe 3 or 4 weeks' time [with dates, times, street addresses, etc].

Speaking of which: Do we have dates, times, street addresses, etc, for this Antram meet?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,814 Posts
I did'nt know it opened so early (8am). I could probably sneak out, get there by 8-9am, and be back early-mid afternoon.

·
who?
201 Posts
Dates and times

Most of the vendors are milling about by 7am. But there is new stuff coming in pretty much all day. People start coming to look around 8. It starts to tapper off after about 3 or 4. We usualy leave about 4 or 5.
Antram Enterprises
734 Antram Rd
Somerset, PA 15501
800-324-6842

1 - 18 of 18 Posts