My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this 314 on CL --- original owner selling it, with 46 inch deck and wheel weights. Needs a new seat, grill and a tail light. Per seller tractor runs good with no problems. She's asking $500. With all the issues I mentioned above, is $350 a fair offer? If not what a good one since i need to buy some things for it.

Will a grill from any 300 series tractor fit on this 314? What a good price for a grill and tail light?

Thanks for the help.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
The grills across the model series have varying part numbers, so, teach a man to fish:
http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

Put in 300, 312, 314, 316, etc. and compare grill part numbers.

You can do the same for taillights.

You can also try adding them to your parts cart to see if there are any in the system. I doubt it in the grill, but maybe on the tail light.

As for price, I can only suggest watching what they go for on Ebay.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Even for $500.00 you wont go wrong !!

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
I'd say $500 is a fair price. The wheel weights and I'm assuming they are JD are worth $150 by themselves. That said I'd offer $350 and be willing to pay more :fing32: A grill and taillight should not be hard to come by watching ebay and WFM.

·
Super Moderator
32,756 Posts
That sounds like a pretty good deal with wheel weights! I'd pick it up for a back up tractor and add Power Steering later!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. However I might have a change of heart. Found this 300 with deck and JD wheel weights. Recent repaint, very good cosmetically and no issues per seller. What I like about the 300 is the 16 hp kholer, 2-spool hydraulic system and independent rear brakes. Any other feature on the 300 I missed?

Seller is asking $750. I'm a cheap sob so what a decent offer? I'm thinking $600?

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I just paid $600.00 for 300 with out the deck.I feel it was worth every cent even with it needing some work.Mine has rear hydraulic outlets and I have a 3 point hitch for mine.That is what I like about the 300 over my 318.The 3 point can be removed in less then a minute.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts