My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member: Special K Club
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, there's one less FF/24 in the world now.. but it's sacrifice will keep another one going.

I bought it as a parts machine & Granted.. it was missing a lot when I got it.. and would have cost a fortune to rebuild.. but I just hate the thought of parting one out.

Sorry for the picture quality.. phone camera. and it was in the shadows.

Not much left. I'm keeping the rear end, front axle & mount, steering parts, side panels, footrests, and the dash. If any FF owners need something from the remains that you see.. PM me, because once I have what I need, or think is worth saving.. the rest will hit the recycler.

I've got to say that I have a new found respect for the sears repair guys. This seems to be a pain in the rear end to work on. you wouldn't beleive what you have to go through just to get the steering sector off, and it was half stripped when i started.

Dave

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Great parts machine!

·
Registered
988 Posts
What type of hydro pump does it have? Looking for an Eaton 10.

·
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What type of hydro pump does it have? Looking for an Eaton 10.
Without checking.. I beleive it's an Eaton Model 11, let me find the manual and I'll check for sure.

Added. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Manual that I have downloaded for the hydro unit is for the Eaton Model 11. This is the one they had on the Yahoo Groups FF group.. So i assume it's the correct manual.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Not much left. I'm keeping the rear end, front axle & mount, steering parts, side panels, footrests, and the dash. If any FF owners need something from the remains that you see.. PM me, because once I have what I need, or think is worth saving.. the rest will hit the recycler.
You realize of course, as soon as you junk something, that's the part you'll need the next day.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Next time I find a suburban chassis I'm thinking of building a farm wagon out of it, similar to the pics below. Save the transmission and just install a straight axle with the same size tires as the front. A hydraulic dump bed would be icing on the cake! :fing32: The frame is plenty heavy duty enough to handle the weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Are you still keeping the rims?

·
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I maybe interested in the frame once you get done.
LOL, well that's not much, after unbolting the rear hitch plate, the front bumper, and the front axle mount, this is about all that's left.

I'm gonna stick the rear end and hydro pump on a shelf.. just in case I ever need it.

and since there's a lot of slop in my front end where the axle pivot is all egg shaped, I'm just going to swap out this entire assembly.

A week ago, this basically looked like a tractor.

I will say one thing about the FF's, there are enough bolts in it to build 2 or 3 suburbans.

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts