My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved back to the country and now have an acre and a half to mow, the landlord sold me his old wheelhorse for $250.00, the deal is it doesn't run. It starts but dies almost instantly. It is a Raider 12 and we are not sure of the year (didn't get any owner's manuals). My son has taken part of the engine apart and for sure we need a new piston and ring and head gasket, if anyone can tell me where a good place to find parts for this new work horse I just bought please advise. Please tell what kind of information I will need to be successful in my pursuit of parts. My grass will be two feet tall before I get her fixed, I think I will name her Rosy. Any help will be appreciated. I live around North Vernon, Indiana.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
:Welcome1:

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

I can't help you on the Wheel Horse, but there are a lot of dedicated Wheel Horse fans here that can.

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
mejen26

If you haven’t already, be sure and check out our Lawn and Garden Tractors By Brand / Toro/Wheelhorse Forum here: http://www.mytractorforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
:MTF_wel2: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:MTF_wel: I have now knowledge for you about the Wheel Horse. Lots of Horse owners on here that should be along. Only advice I can give is; eat a couple of White Castle Crave Cases while you are working. Love those things, but can't get them fresh in Kansas. Welcome to the forum and:goodl:

·
Collector of many tractors
15,269 Posts
You should have never taken it apart untill you find the problem... You could compound it...

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
:MTF_wel2: mejen, nice to have you here with us and best of luck in the repairs :fing32: .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts