My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda' been looking for one of these for a while, this one showed up on CL just before my hernia surgery. With lifting restrictions & waiting on my new trailer, I didn't pursue it til last week. 250 mile round trip to pick up what was advertised as a 1958 Cub Lo-Boy.

I'ts not as good as it looks at a distance, but a very sound little tractor, rattle can refurb! The seller had torched the seat frame & welded on an old Ferguson pan seat, so I cut that off yesterday & repaired the frame, new cushions are on order. One front tire is leaking around the stem, so he glued it, that'll get fixed next! Serial number plate was painted over, got it scraped enough to read the number; "1961 model", which is fine with me, just glad the plate was still there!

Have taken it for a few spins around the yard. Nice, quiet running little tractor, mostly cosmetic problems, but does drip at the front seal.

It is to be restored & used for shows & around the yard.

Any suggestions on cleaning paint off the serial number tag without destroying the original printing?

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,862 Posts
Looks like a nice machine, bet it'll look even better after your done with it.

·
Super Moderator
16,923 Posts
Hello again-Lowell....

Looks like you got another keeper and she'll be a shining star when you are done, I know.

Like that new trailer--light weight, eh?
All aluminum?

glenn

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

Yes, all aluminum but the axle & coupler, I looked at Hillsboro & Aluma, like the features better on the Hillsboro.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Yes, that is a nice trailer -- what size?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, that is a nice trailer -- what size?
78" x 10', replaces the steel trailer of the same size I'd bought new in '08, it was too heavy to tow with the Gator. Also have the 18' to haul two tractors or the JD 790 with loader.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts