My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sears Fan
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just opened an account today after seeing another member's post. Looked for a set of mower blades for my old sears SS12 tractor, found them much cheaper than I could on ebay, including shipping!

For anyone who wants blades for the sears 42" deck, I found them here :thThumbsU.

Thank you for the great pricing! :trink40:

·
Sears Fan
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered them yesterday afternoon, and they arrived today at noon. I couldn't be more impressed, especially with $7.50 shipping. The warehouse was in New York, but I am still very impressed that they are here. Thank you very much!

Tahoe - I'll update as soon as I get them on, and the rain holds off :thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Thanks for the order and the kind words. We try to provide the fastest possible ship times. We have warehouses in California, Florida, Texas, Indiana, Michigan, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Ohio, New York, Illinois, Wisconsin West Virginia and Virginia. We have our office facility in Indiana as well as several warehouses. Although if you Live Chat, email, or message us on MTF or MLF, you will get the same person almost 100% of the time. Since we keep a small staff, we can keep prices low.

·
Proud Wheel Horse Owner
3,213 Posts
Cool! update how well they work. I need a new set for my old Suburban, the Gators I have are way less than impressive.
The vented (slotted) wing on gator blades makes them create less suction, so the grass/weeds don't stand up as well, just prior to being cut. This creates a very uneven cut in my experience, and usually requires a 2nd pass......huge waste of time. I guess the gators are good if you're weeding in sandy or rocky soil, where good suction would cause blade damage by sucking rocks, sand, and other debris up into the deck.

I've pretty much stopped putting them on customer's machines.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
The vented (slotted) wing on gator blades makes them create less suction, so the grass/weeds don't stand up as well, just prior to being cut. This creates a very uneven cut in my experience, and usually requires a 2nd pass......huge waste of time. I guess the gators are good if you're weeding in sandy or rocky soil, where good suction would cause blade damage by sucking rocks, sand, and other debris up into the deck.

I've pretty much stopped putting them on customer's machines.
Yea, that was pretty much my theory. I many times cut taller stuff and they leave a horrible cut. My 15 yr old son started helping me cut and he even commented on how bad they cut on just our back yard lawn. Forget even trying to cut our knee high field.

Dmorrill.... any updates? Used the new blades yet?

·
Sears Fan
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, that was pretty much my theory. I many times cut taller stuff and they leave a horrible cut. My 15 yr old son started helping me cut and he even commented on how bad they cut on just our back yard lawn. Forget even trying to cut our knee high field.

Dmorrill.... any updates? Used the new blades yet?
Sorry I forgot to update this thread. I used the mower deck not long after receiving the blades, but I didn't want to review them just yet as I did not have my deck adjusted properly and I was mowing tall, wet grass (1' or more). Got a chance to mow again yesterday, with much shorter, drier grass. Both times, the blades worked very well. Very satisfied with the cut right now. I even brush hogged some 2-3' grass in 1st low with the deck fully raised - that impressed me! :thThumbsU

1 - 7 of 7 Posts